Delisted Rory Taggert

Remove this Banner Ad

TAGGERT%20Rory.png

ND pick 36

DOB: 20-06-1993
Height: 188cm
Weight: 87kg

Prendergast says:
I was an AIS selector in Rory's under 16 year and he was a bloke who caught my eye in that program. He certainly was someone in contention who didn't make the AIS. I watched a game against Oakleigh last year where he caught my eye again. He sneaked under the radar a bit and there were only four or so clubs who spoke to him at the combine.

Club Profile

Demonwiki

We need to get some Casey time, and hopefully a few senior games, into him this year.

He's got a lot of improvement as a footballer I think, not unlike Rockliff in the way he was restricted to playing in the forward-line as a junior due to lack of fitness ...unless I've heard wrong.

MFC: Taggert back on track

“SLOWLY and steady” is how young midfielder Rory Taggert describes his progress from a second back injury sustained during his first AFL listed season.

“We’ve taken a bit more caution in it, so I can make sure I get it right before I attempt any running or big contact,” he told melbournefc.com.au.

MFC: Pre-season update: Davis to Jones

43. Rory Taggert
Rory’s been very consistent with his pre-season training. The pleasing aspect is that he’s completed most of the football and conditioning sessions, but we’re still monitoring the loads we put on him. We’ve been very impressed with his work so far in the pre-season.
- Brian Royal

AFL: Taggert's long road to return

A good read.

LAST WEEK, for the first time in 42 weeks, Rory Taggert packed his footy bag.

While it was only a small gesture, it was recognition for the 19-year-old that his stalled career was finally back on track.

Taggert ran out for Melbourne against Port Adelaide in Renmark last Sunday, the first time he'd done so since being drafted by the Demons in 2011.

"One thing with the back is that you couldn't do anything," Taggert said.

No swimming, no running, no weights for eight weeks. For a player in his first year, trying to establish himself at a new club, it was devastating news.

"It just felt like I was falling behind everyone else," he said.

Would have been frustrating for sure, good to see him coming back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back