Round 2 APS

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously Skevs would have had some decent forwards on the ground, apart from their deplorable kicking accuracy. But which ones really stood out?

Watts and Hannebery easily BOG was a stunning performance by both of them Watts with 6 or so goals and HAnnebery carving up the midfield and owning contests and clearences...both absolute superstars in th making!

BGS AND GC BIGGEST UNDER RATED SIDES THIS YEAR.

BGS are a very underated team. But you must keep in mind the injuries that Xavier have, and had on the day. 3 very important players in Sam O'Sullivan, Murphy Ambrose and James Ulbrick were unable to play due to injuries and a virus that has been around the team for some time. Toby Gorman (Xavier ruckman) hurt his ankle in the 2nd quater, Sam Lees (ankle) and James Woods (knee). The Xavier structure was screwed, and forced others to play out of their usual positions. But I'm not taking anything away from BGS. They were the better team on the day, and the win was well deserved.

hey, couldn't resist a reply.... i looked up this site to get results and there is a fair bit of BS here!!

I am an old Xav and played AFL. Firstly, my old school first 18 are a bunch of flogs. The school is so ridiculously football-orientated, I cheer when we lose. Do you know I was rung up by the school last year cause they wanted to put an honour board up with all the old xav players who played VFL/AFL???? Man, what a joke!!!! We have had Olympic gold medallists never recognised by this pathetic school, but wanted to glorify guys like me who ran around what is essentially a local sport virtually unheard of outside Oz (despite what Demetriou wants you to think)

We have ONE good player in the team, Hannaberry, who will get drafted. But that moron Barraclough runs around telling twits like Lees and Noonan that they are going to be superstars, and makes these kids round around bouncing footies in February rather than enjoying all the sports elite schools like Xavier have to offer. Both were really talented rowers, but gave it away for "pre-season" football. Can you believe that crap!!!!!

Lynchie at Hailebury lets his boys row.... three in the first eight... and they'll flog Xavs by 20 goals.

APS footy is now a nonsense, courtesy of scholarships, and the average game consists of watching about four playeres from each side battle it out. Each school should get a grip.... do what Geelong Grammar does, give talented players scholarships cause they deserve a chance to better themselves in life, but let them go ahead and play in the TAC, and if they are available for the school, that's fine. That gives the "normal" guys a chance, and makes for a far more interesting spectacle.

And if you Xavs out there think there are no sporting scholarships out there at our school, think again. I'm living proof of that.

hey, couldn't resist a reply.... i looked up this site to get results and there is a fair bit of BS here!!

I am an old Xav and played AFL. Firstly, my old school first 18 are a bunch of flogs. The school is so ridiculously football-orientated, I cheer when we lose. Do you know I was rung up by the school last year cause they wanted to put an honour board up with all the old xav players who played VFL/AFL???? Man, what a joke!!!! We have had Olympic gold medallists never recognised by this pathetic school, but wanted to glorify guys like me who ran around what is essentially a local sport virtually unheard of outside Oz (despite what Demetriou wants you to think)

We have ONE good player in the team, Hannaberry, who will get drafted. But that moron Barraclough runs around telling twits like Lees and Noonan that they are going to be superstars, and makes these kids round around bouncing footies in February rather than enjoying all the sports elite schools like Xavier have to offer. Both were really talented rowers, but gave it away for "pre-season" football. Can you believe that crap!!!!!

Lynchie at Hailebury lets his boys row.... three in the first eight... and they'll flog Xavs by 20 goals.

APS footy is now a nonsense, courtesy of scholarships, and the average game consists of watching about four playeres from each side battle it out. Each school should get a grip.... do what Geelong Grammar does, give talented players scholarships cause they deserve a chance to better themselves in life, but let them go ahead and play in the TAC, and if they are available for the school, that's fine. That gives the "normal" guys a chance, and makes for a far more interesting spectacle.

And if you Xavs out there think there are no sporting scholarships out there at our school, think again. I'm living proof of that.

symphonies of good sense there.

although, lynch snr is the only reason his son is still at the school and also part of the reason why HC (barring sport) has been a shambles over the past few years. scholarships coming out of their ears as we all know, but this has really ruined the school's discipline and rep.

You seem to know alot about rowing and are in love with hailebury as well, which is very hypocritical boasting how they weil romp Xavier. and than saying Scolarhsips have tainted this competition when thats all a dirty school like Hailebury bases itself on. and why hate Xavier is you went there? why didnt you change schools? stupid questjon but is this an old Xav by the name of Mark Doyle?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seem to know alot about rowing and are in love with hailebury as well, which is very hypocritical boasting how they weil romp Xavier. and than saying Scolarhsips have tainted this competition when thats all a dirty school like Hailebury bases itself on. and why hate Xavier is you went there? why didnt you change schools? stupid questjon but is this an old Xav by the name of Mark Doyle?

No No No. I have just spoken to Mark Doyle and he is offended that anybody thinks he writes as badly as this. Not Mark Doyle.

Hmm yeah, not quite...

I am an old Xav and I did NOT play AFL and I am embarrassed to think I wore the same blazer as this bloke. I don't doubt his scholarship talk, because there is definitely no pride in the red and black there

I am an old Xav and I did NOT play AFL and I am embarrassed to think I wore the same blazer as this bloke. I don't doubt his scholarship talk, because there is definitely no pride in the red and black there

Thats a great opinion you got going there Jimmy15_ but seriously doubt your an old Xav other wise its just sad you would visit this website.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back