Game Day Round 23 St Kilda v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crows knew that they would only be a chance to play finals football if Collingwood was beaten by Hawthorn on Friday night (tick) and Richmond by the Sydney Swans on Saturday (No).

They then would have had to beat the Saints by enough to give them a superior percentage to the winner of the clash between West Coast and Gold Coast, which will unfold as the Crows warm up.

The eyes may still be on the Gold Coast match but the result will mean little to them as the percentage will only mean the difference between ninth and tenth now.

St Kilda has one last chance to get off last place. We may have more wooden spoons than any other club but that doesn't mean we don't care. Despite the penalty of losing the coveted #1 draft pick choice, we would love to win this and avoid the dishonour of yet another spoon.

So I'm hoping that the Crows may be a little dispirited after losing their chance to play in finals and the Saints are up for it. Who knows - maybe an upset ???

Will be an interesting game, they will be abit flat after knowing they now can't make finals you'd think. If we can't win hopefully at least put up a good fight.

Bigger implications than just losing pick one could occur if we win today such as future priority picks.

I'm all for a loss if we put in the effort
I'm not into the handout mentality. If it happens it happens, but the system is flawed when supporter groups (such as ours) would actually rather a competitive loss than a win.

Given there is still debate about as many as 4 players for pick 1, I will unashamedly ride home a shock win if it happens. This is the last time we will have the honour of watching Lenny Hayes run around. A surprise win and the chance for him to sing the song one more time would be worth the difference between pick 1 or 2/3.

Hoping we are competitive, hoping we give 100%, hoping Lenny enjoys his last game and if we pinch the win there will be no sense of regret from me.

Wooden spoons is just a tag that means nothing to none but those who care. You either win the premiership or you don't.

Personally I prefer to always win and go in with that mentality. This match means nothing in a seasonal context, but everything to those who want to see Lenny off in style and to also secure the 1st pick. Always a dilemma.

It's times like this I'm proud to be a Saints supporter.
Good to read on here that many of us are wanting to win this week even if it means losing #1 draft pick so we can see off Lenny (one of our true champions) in style.
^^^^ This builds a culture of winning.

Compare this to Melbourne who have already put their collective hand out for a compo freebie pick "cos they're cr@p".
Absolute rubbish and should neither get a priority pick or #3 as compo for Frawley (end of 1st round at best).
Pick 19 for Franklin and Pick 3 for Frawley..... what a joke!

Always want a win. The feeling would be good going into another preseason.
In a perfect world I would want Lennard to have 0 touches and 8 tackles, but see Ross, Newnes, Savage, Murdoch all get mid twenty touches and show us what they are made off.

That's going to be the difference next year, these young boys have to start stepping up and showing something!

Wooden spoons is just a tag that means nothing to none but those who care. You either win the premiership or you don't.
Personally I prefer to always win and go in with that mentality. This match means nothing in a seasonal context, but everything to those who want to see Lenny off in style and to also secure the 1st pick. Always a dilemma.
Thats a good point. I went to many a game at Moorabbin and never ever saw 1 wooden spoon:D.
But i do remember going to a game at Princess Park or Optus oval as it was called at the time. Think it was Vs Freo 2002 if i remember correctly . And if we won it meant Carlton got the Wooden Spoon. So a heap of Saints supporters took wooden spoons to the game and left them there after the game to rub it into the Blues. :p:p
Am i the only one who remembers that??

If we are in the extremely unlikely position of being able to win we have to go for it. No tanking. No excuse to be blown out really it's not that young a team we have out there.

Delaney to Tex.

Dempster to Betts.

Try and free up Newnes and Wright as much as possible.

Roberton needs to lift. Been poor this year, even when he was playing some games he just looked in no mans land.

If we are in the extremely unlikely position of being able to win we have to go for it. No tanking. No excuse to be blown out really it's not that young a team we have out there.

Delaney to Tex.

Dempster to Betts.

Try and free up Newnes and Wright as much as possible.

Roberton needs to lift. Been poor this year, even when he was playing some games he just looked in no mans land.
Being fair to Roberton his ankle has apparently ****ed up on him this year..

Rooey only needs 18 goals to win the Coleman. Surely he has it in the bag ;)

Like every week, I just want to see us be competitive. It'd be a bonus if Spencer White got some more goals.

Let's finish the season with a good performance, not a blow-out please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats a good point. I went to many a game at Moorabbin and never ever saw 1 wooden spoon:D.
But i do remember going to a game at Princess Park or Optus oval as it was called at the time. Think it was Vs Freo 2002 if i remember correctly . And if we won it meant Carlton got the Wooden Spoon. So a heap of Saints supporters took wooden spoons to the game and left them there after the game to rub it into the Blues. :p:p
Am i the only one who remembers that??
I remember fondly..

Stop Danger & Sloane and we will win .
Come on boys do it for Lenny .

If we win:thumbsu: its a great way to finish the season:thumbsu:. If we lose :thumbsdown:we get the number 1 draft pick.:thumbsu:
So either way we cant lose:thumbsu: So its a win / win:thumbsu: even though some would say winning:thumbsu: and then losing the 1st pick would be a loss:thumbsdown:
o_Ooh s**t!! now im not sure if i wanna win:thumbsu: or lose:thumbsdown:o_O
Ahh stuff it!! Lenny deserves to go out a winner:thumbsu:
CMON SAINTS WIN!!!!!!!!:thumbsu:

Well done to Lenny Hayes, truly been one of my favourite non-Crows players..
Exactly the type I would have loved watching play for my team..

I will be giving him a warm farewell today, privileged to be able to be at his last game.. :)

All the best guys..
Would have liked your post but i'm still getting over 97 and i can't stand Sanderson:p
Hope Sloane has good 1 but looses

If we win:thumbsu: its a great way to finish the season:thumbsu:. If we lose :thumbsdown:we get the number 1 draft pick.:thumbsu:
So either way we cant lose:thumbsu: So its a win / win:thumbsu: even though some would say winning:thumbsu: and then losing the 1st pick would be a loss:thumbsdown:
o_Ooh s**t!! now im not sure if i wanna win:thumbsu: or lose:thumbsdown:o_O
Ahh stuff it!! Lenny deserves to go out a winner:thumbsu:
CMON SAINTS WIN!!!!!!!!:thumbsu:

Gotta go for the win, if it costs us the no.1 pick so be it, we'll still get a gun with the no.2 pick and avoid the shame of the spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back