AFLW Round 7 Naarm v West Coast, Sunday 5:05pm EST

Remove this Banner Ad

After a disappointing loss last weekend we get an easy kill on the road to get our mojo back. Quite a few changes due to injury from last weekend, with L Pearce, Harris, Gay and Colvin out. Paxy still a week away after headbutting her dog.

Rhi Watt makes her much anticipated debut for us! Been a member of the leadership group this year and last so clearly an important part of the group. Saw her a bit for the Saints and seems a good egg.
Chaplin, Campbell and Wilson the other ins.

Not much to say, after playing the best side last weekend we get the worst side this weekend. Should (not too cocky to say will?) be a comfortable win. Hopefully no more injuries and we can build some form heading into some more tough games to finish the season.

Also running out as Naarm again for Indigenous round this weekend and next:

DSC00223.jpg

Some pretty big outs, but all have merit

Harris was poor, Pearce was jumped all over in the ruck and battered around all day.

With No Pearce and no Harris as backup i'd suspect Cambell will be taking A LOT of the ruck (I also didn't think we should have dropped her last week tbh)

Disappointing q from us . Despite a lot of possession, the entry into the forward 50 was very wayward. WC score the only goal to leave the Dees in front by 15 pts at half time .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going this week. Not been to AFLW before, i know covid has changed the way the MCG does things. But i assume it'll be more layback and i can buy tickets at the gate saturday night?

Casey is a pain in the ass to get to, even more so for me. So yeah i hope you can get tickets at the gate at Ikon. Also not been to much football in general post covid. Can you still ask players for photo's prematch or nah now?

Casey is a pain in the arse to get to, even more so for me. So yeah i hope you can get tickets at the gate at Ikon. Also not been to much football in general post covid. Can you still ask players for photo's prematch or nah now?
Dunno about pre-match, but after both AFLW games I've seen at Manuka this year players have milled about for a while getting pics afterwards with fans on the fence, signed things, had a chat, etc. Seems to be no more social distancing/separation for the players?

On tickets can't see anything to say you can't get them at the gate (pretty sure folks could at Canberra games, but not sure if different at Ikon?)

Hoping the s**t swirling around the mens team doesn't impact the women. Club should apologize for stinking it up for the women. Very big match v North .

Hoping the s**t swirling around the mens team doesn't impact the women. Club should apologize for stinking it up for the women. Very big match v North .
Happy (and confident) to believe that this team of professionals are commited to the task Saturday, and have tuned out any external noise outside of their football program. Because this is a group i have more faith in then the mens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back