Sav

Remove this Banner Ad

Byron'sShoulder

Senior List
Jun 29, 2001
Surely this talk about Sav is just that - talk.

If Sav wasn't playing for us next year, who would kick all the goals? We may have to employ Diggers as a FF!

Any other news of further delistings?

It seems to me that Sav's management is trying to squeeze out a few extra dollars from the Roos.

Considering Sav's new found form, fitness, and more importantly, enthusiasm for football, I would be very surprised if he left us. He knows that Denis Pagan and the Roos gave him a lifeline and showed faith in him......and Sav seems to be a very down to earth person (I can still remember how appreciative he looked as us Roo fans gave him an extra loud cheer as he walked off the ground after the game vs Collingwood at Colonial), and so, I think he'll still be with us for the next two seasons.

Either today's news has been sent by carrier pidgeon, or my old man is losing the plot!
He reckons the radio news reported that Sav was chasing another club and that Micky's no shoe in for us next year either.

Can any of you 'Eastern Staters' enlighten me on the situation?.....it maybe just the usual WA football media propaganda....I hope so anyway!

There was an article in this morning's Age suggesting that the Crows were ready to pounce on him should negotiations fail with us.

On another matter, how's the wife Sherm? Has your bubs arrived yet?

Originally posted by Aussie_Roo
There was an article in this morning's Age suggesting that the Crows were ready to pounce on him should negotiations fail with us.

On another matter, how's the wife Sherm? Has your bubs arrived yet?

Any tick of the clock AR!
I just posted on the general board that i will be "offline" for a few weeks so I can look after my wife and bub (when it comes of course :D ).

I already have the Roos scarf waiting on his/hers cot..:D ;)

My wifes due in a month or so and I'm going to get one of those little north jump suites to bring the young'n home in so everyone knows who she/he barracks for!

Originally posted by stevo10
My wifes due in a month or so and I'm going to get one of those little north jump suites to bring the young'n home in so everyone knows who she/he barracks for!

Good luck to you and your wife Stevo, I hope everything goes well!

PS: I've got to get one of those jump suit too, they sound great :p

now how many people agree with me that sav is a legend with spider??
if he goes hes lost his second best fan after his mother

Originally posted by Aussie_Roo

Here is what I've heard on Adelaide radio tonight on KG/Cornes Sports show.

Stephen Trigg (a Crow official) was interviewed tonight and was asked if Sav was on the Crows agenda.

Trigg stated that Sav was interviewed by Ayers last year and Sav let it be known that Adelaide was not on the cards.

However , if North and Sav can not come to an agreement then they (the Crows) would be keen to speak further.

On the other hand , Trigg said there was not much room in the Crows salary cap to pay an exorbitant salary that a player such a Sav might command or expect.

Trigg stated that he expected North and Sav to come to an agreement in the not too distant future and that Sav would more than likely stay at North.Trigg said further that he expected this saga to be the result of a manager trying to beef up Sav's contract with North.

Let's wait and see.Hopefully the Big Sav will come to an agreement with the Club and stay.

I'm not quite sure how it all works but they were saying that it is very risky for a player to leave and nominate for the draft at this stage as the player would risk getting an either smaller contract or not getting selected at all.

Sounds like a standard contract negotiation.

Deal hasn't officially been completed/signed, media gets a whiff and tries to turn it into a story, agent capitalises and thinks it could get he and his client a few extra drachmas, agent rings around and finds out no other club is willing to pay those extra drachmas because of salary cap restrictions, player signs with current club on a fairly mutually-agreed price. Sav stays in the #26 for two more years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/story_256526.htm

Rocca not crowing yet

Tuesday, October 30, 2001

SAVERIO Rocca's management today denied reports the out-of-contract Roo had been marked as a Crow if he failed to secure a new deal at Arden St.

It has been reported Adelaide is keen to snap up Rocca if he cannot come to terms with the Kangaroos on a new two-year deal.

But Rocca's manager, Nick Cummins from Elite Sport Properties, said he had received no indication the Crows were interested.

''As far as we're concerned, it's news to us, we hadn't heard anything of the sort,'' Cummins said.

''He hasn't signed yet with the Kangaroos, but to our knowledge there's been no approach from the Crows.''

Cummins said there had been interest from ''other clubs'' in Rocca's services, but would not reveal which ones.

An Adelaide spokesman said the Crows had not spoken to Rocca but would be interested if he was available.

So it seems that Geelong is the club most in Sav's ear and they have plenty of money to splash around in front of him having missed out on Misiti. Elite Sports Management have dumped him and Craig Kelly sounds none too pleased with the big fella for seeking advice from his cousin. I would think that Kelly recommended that he re-sign with North but Sav's cousin thinks he can cut a better deal elsewhere. He'll probably stick with us but I don't think the club should enter into a bidding war for him,it should be pointed out that we offered a lifeline to him and a year that could be described as quite satisfactory doesn't warrant a threefold pay increase.

Originally posted by King Corey
Yeh hopefully it's just a manager beating things up

Sounds more like Savs beating up his manager to me

He will stay with North, Otherwise he will go in the draft and get picked up before Geelong can get their hands on him and he'll have another year on $75,000

Smokey

Originally posted by smokey

Sounds more like Savs beating up his manager to me

He will stay with North, Otherwise he will go in the draft and get picked up before Geelong can get their hands on him and he'll have another year on $75,000

Smokey

Actually in the pre-season draft a player can nominate the amount he wants to receive ,so if Geelong tell him "we'll pay you $250k" he can put that as the amount he wants, thereby guaranteeing he goes to the Cats as no other team would pay that much!

Well I thought You would have all been a lot tougher on Sav than you have been. I dont want him at our club if he has the attitude that he has to send his cousin to deal with us. Big deal, he was OK for us, but he was not in our best 10 for the year. It is the first time we have been out of the finals for ten years so he didnt do us any favours there, Collingwood did a lot better without him and they even won a game in June . No I want to see him doing a lot more than he did this year, if he wants to get into the big money deals. Bloodly hell you throw a bloke a life line and then he puts it around your neck and tries to bloody well choke you. He can go jump, we can give someone else a chance. Craig Scholl could probably still kick as many as Sav and is just about as acurate. I think he won the B&F in the country this year.

Fair call Daphne. Sav was very good for us this year, but he knows our situation (players taking pay cuts etc) and he has decided to put himself ahead of the team.

Better perform because you've left yourself wide open.

I have always preached that players should be able to earn as much as possible from their relatively short football careers, and that loyalty was something that belonged in the 50's. I still believe that, but if ever there was a case of a player "owing" some loyalty to a club, this is it.
Does Sav need to be reminded that Collingwood didn't want him ? Nor did anyone else with his crook knee, excess weight and small heart. North gave him a chance to reinvigorate his career, and it has worked for him.
He is certainly entitled to a lot more than he was paid this year, but there are limits !
Take what is on offer Sav, or piss off, you ungrateful bastard.:mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back