Scott Thompson

Remove this Banner Ad

No, I don't think the AFC will pick him. I reckon his season will start versus Collingwood in round 2.

Didn't see his half for the Magpies, but by all reports was excellent.

Personally, I would play him if he is 100% fit (as I would play Hart). Certainly would be better value for a couple of quarters than most of our fringies.

Why the interest Crazy Al? Did you see him play on the weekend?

mymansyd said:
No, I don't think the AFC will pick him. I reckon his season will start versus Collingwood in round 2.

Personally, I would play him if he is 100% fit (as I would play Hart). Certainly would be better value for a couple of quarters than most of our fringies.

Why the interest Crazy Al? Did you see him play on the weekend?

I like him, always have. I might go on sunday night as i have free tickets and would like to see him play thats all.

I did not see him last weekend. But i heard he was good. if he does not play for the crows. I would love to have him at the Maggies

mymansyd said:

You are probably right that Thompson will get some match fitness through the Port Magpies, but with Goodwin out, is he worth playing off the bench to combat the quality Weagles midfield - even for just 10mins/qtr?

Hart has some serious hammy issues. Thommo has done his calf once before coming back from the foot injury he got last year.

They got through a SANFL game but I would take a cautious approach with both. The pace of an AFL game is a hell of a lot quicker than a pace of SANFL trial. In reality they need a bit more match practice and be eased in. They need another run in SANFL before I would consider them. A game in the AFL would increase the chances of re-injury than another hit out in SANFL.

Its a marathon, not a sprint ;)

Kane McGoodwin said:
You are probably right that Thompson will get some match fitness through the Port Magpies, but with Goodwin out, is he worth playing off the bench to combat the quality Weagles midfield - even for just 10mins/qtr?

The temptation to play him must be huge, because he is quality. If he does, it would have to be on a 10 minutes per quarter basis.

Because he will become so important to us, they might just resist the temptation and hold back for another week though.

Ben Hart's another proposition altogether. He could do his hammy just as well in the SANFL as in the AFL, and he does go well fresh.

I'd play Hart, but wait a week on Thompson.

macca23 said:
The temptation to play him must be huge, because he is quality. If he does, it would have to be on a 10 minutes per quarter basis.

Because he will become so important to us, they might just resist the temptation and hold back for another week though.

Ben Hart's another proposition altogether. He could do his hammy just as well in the SANFL as in the AFL, and he does go well fresh.

I'd play Hart, but wait a week on Thompson.

Good points.

I would play them both though as we really need this one.

10 minutes a quarter should be at least what Thommo can do.

Markthirtytwo said:
I agree 10 mins a qtr should be ok. He could also do an injury in the SANFL.

Exactly I dont want to see him do another injury but wouldn't be happy if he was classed fit enough to play in the SANFL but not fit enough to play for the crows for a calf injury. If his calf is not up to scratch then he shouldn't be playing at all.

We should wrap him in cotton wool for the season and then bring him out for finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back