Preview Season 7, Round 10 v St Kilda: Saturday 20 October @ RSEA Park (Moorabin)

Remove this Banner Ad

B&Fs take into account 2 things.

Participation, and role.

If Biddell doesn't win it, I'd be shocked.

Now, the league MVP. I wonder if Marinoff got enough touches that the umpires that might just go, she got alot of the ball, she deserves votes. And she nabs that. Plausible.

But Surely, SURELY Biddell wins the BnF in a canter.

I reckon either Garner or Conti for the league B&F. As good as Marinoff has been this season, she's not been at their levels.

I don't know if Biddell will win our B&F, but if she doesn't it pretty much confirms that it's a midfielders award. You couldn't have a better season as a tall defender than Biddell has.

Meanwhile if she doesn't make the AA team (not just the squad but the 22) then it confirms that nobody on the selection panel watches our games.

I reckon either Garner or Conti for the league B&F. As good as Marinoff has been this season, she's not been at their levels.

I don't know if Biddell will win our B&F, but if she doesn't it pretty much confirms that it's a midfielders award. You couldn't have a better season as a tall defender than Biddell has.

Meanwhile if she doesn't make the AA team (not just the squad but the 22) then it confirms that nobody on the selection panel watches our games.
I actually havn't personally liked Marinoff's season.
But the fact she gets ALOT of the ball, and no one else in our games have really managed that, I can see her getting alot of votes from the umpires.

But yeah. Biddell has been amazing.
I'd give her BnF and AA

And to think, 2 years ago I didn't want to see her play again. Poor forward, amazing back.

Though, a thought. Her penetrating kick, attack on the ball. Could she be a benefit as a midfielder

Marinoff had a few good games, despite her many possessions and tackles each game. Not enough to be BNF though.
Randall, Biddell and Ponter have been our most valuable players this year, but Randall and Ponter missed some games, so Biddell is the more consistent. I reckon she only had one quiet game and that was probably because Crows dominated that game and the ball barely got down back.
Randall should be our BNF though. She carried us through many games. Biddell a close second.

Marinoff has had to carry a massive load in the midfield this season with Phillips gone and Hatchard well off her best. She hasn't always been effective but she's played the right way and has generally come out on top. Along with Biddell and Gould I'd say she's been our most consistent player (well, consistently good player, anyway...)

Biddell might be able to function as a midfielder, but I'm a big believer in playing players where they have demonstrated ability. The difference between Biddell as a forward and Biddell as a defender is a clear example of someone just taking to one position and not another. I'd prefer to leave our most effective defender in defence rather than switch her around.

Marinoff has had to carry a massive load in the midfield this season with Phillips gone and Hatchard well off her best. She hasn't always been effective but she's played the right way and has generally come out on top. Along with Biddell and Gould I'd say she's been our most consistent player (well, consistently good player, anyway...)

Biddell might be able to function as a midfielder, but I'm a big believer in playing players where they have demonstrated ability. The difference between Biddell as a forward and Biddell as a defender is a clear example of someone just taking to one position and not another. I'd prefer to leave our most effective defender in defence rather than switch her around.
I do agree in the philosophy or 'why ruin a good thing'

But Allen down back, maybe Prowse if she backs up last week going forward.
Could it open Biddell elsewhere.

Maybe trial it in a game we're winning (Or a last resort if we're struggling)

I can see the potential benefits (My concern though, is she mightn't know the best position to be there, and could just watch her opponent get the ball and run away.)
I'd give it a go, see how it goes, and make a final decision from there.

We know she's amazing where she is. But could the team function better taking advantage of her skillset more? I dont know, that's what I want to figure out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back