So Facebook.

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't say I remember it but I had a quick flick through your post history anticipating you may have posted in it but no luck. Perhaps it was culled back then and archived in one of the server changes.

I did however find an old thread called "Operation: Get Prismall" which upon clicking gave me a whistle and I was transported back to 2008. Button up shirts as far as the eye could see.

Anyone care to explain why that Facebook thread from the mid noughties can't be found anymore?

And here you are

Mood Dancing GIF by JustViral.Net

And here you are

Mood Dancing GIF by JustViral.Net
Just to clarify what was in that thread. Dual class share structures. Airbnb, Uber, tiktok and the first ever mention of the term "bitcoin" on the internet. We reinvented the wheel with continuous scrolling being introdu😕 into Facebook and becoming the norm with social networks and someone reinvented the cookie (tiktok$ yum) Predates the bitcoin white paper. Remember the 6 white knights that saved north Melbourne. Remember white night festival in Melbourne?

It was a fairly significant thread. In the movie the social network about Facebook Sean parker (inventor of Napster, played by Justin Timberlake) says something in the movie that is a direct quote off something I said in that thread.

So yeah... Whoever said check Siberia knows what Im talking about.

It was also the first time anyone ever hypothesized decentralised currencies. "Reserve Bank of Australia is a centralized banking...."

That's year 12 economics 101.

The meme was also named in that thread for the first time ever. No one had ever heard of a meme before that thread. Public and private social networks were also discussed (ohhh, Twitter born out of it, their logo being some bird named Larry..)

No wonder they burned it..

I am not doubting it’s significance one little bit; just like the Grumpy Old thread of 1 and 2 bonded together a bunch of us during the worst of Covid, it come to mean something more than just a Forum.

What was great about that thread and undoubtedly the Facebook one was that with it being on the Main Board it was exposed to Everyone and within sight more posters posted.

My worry now is that those unique threads are in Siberia where two bears symbolically read and engage with them, so to speak.

Just to clarify what was in that thread. Dual class share structures. Airbnb, Uber, tiktok and the first ever mention of the term "bitcoin" on the internet. We reinvented the wheel with continuous scrolling being introdu😕 into Facebook and becoming the norm with social networks and someone reinvented the cookie (tiktok$ yum) Predates the bitcoin white paper. Remember the 6 white knights that saved north Melbourne. Remember white night festival in Melbourne?

It was a fairly significant thread. In the movie the social network about Facebook Sean parker (inventor of Napster, played by Justin Timberlake) says something in the movie that is a direct quote off something I said in that thread.

So yeah... Whoever said check Siberia knows what Im talking about.

It was also the first time anyone ever hypothesized decentralised currencies. "Reserve Bank of Australia is a centralized banking...."

That's year 12 economics 101.

The meme was also named in that thread for the first time ever. No one had ever heard of a meme before that thread. Public and private social networks were also discussed (ohhh, Twitter born out of it, their logo being some bird named Larry..)

No wonder they burned it..

It's so funny this thread keeps coming up... I've done a couple of deep dives on it using a number of keywords etc and there's no evidence at all it ever existed (and I have found threads going back to the early days of Facebook, about Facebook). It also wouldn't have been impacted by any server changes, it simply doesn't exist. It has been a major mystery and a small obsession for me trying to find it. I have to wonder if you have Mandela Effected it on to the North board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back