Strikeforce Miami

Remove this Banner Ad

Vendrell

All Australian
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bit late on this one. It's already started and Lawler just KO'd Manhoef after getting beaten around like a school boy. Awesome fight.
Manhoef landed 23 strikes to Lawlor's 3!

Bring on Cyborg!

I'm watching it here http://whsports.net/

Rest of the card was crap and fights went as expected.

[youtube]vOBfyv9-Vv0[/youtube]

Sick comeback from Lawler, very Scott Smith-esque.

Diaz punches look like crap but they keep landing. Lashley fight was a waste of time. Cant beleive Heiron-Riggs was on the undercard.

That Lawler KO was awesome. Manhoef was destroying Lawler and it looked like it was nearly over. Then BAM and goodnight Melvin. I didn't even realise this event was happening today until I went on Sherdog.

Yeah nice comeback indeed. It's amazing though after all of these years in the game Lawler still can't check kicks!?

Being an NFL fan it was great to see Herschel Walker win on his SF debut. He is in unbelievable shape for a 47 year old.

He knew what he was doing but the guy he was fighting did f-all.

Cyborg would of given him a better fight.

Lawler's KO was incredible. He either came up with the greatest excuse for landing a fluke punch or he pulled off one of the most daring gameplans in the sport's history. Manhoef was OUT too, this KO is going to still be right up there for knockout of the year in December.

I've never really bought in the Zaromskis hype (he's lost twice to a TUF reject) so I figured Diaz would take him apart even in the standup but the fight was still great fun to watch. Zaromskis had his chance by wobbling Diaz but he couldn't follow up and Nick took over from there. I had to love Diaz using his interview time to complain about the result of his brother's recent fight and then dismissing any interest in a possible fight with Hieron.

Didn't care about the rest of the card. Walker's obviously an amazing athlete but I don't really care to see him fight a can, even though he showed far better cardio than almost everyone from the TUF heavyweight house. Looks like Lashley is only interested in fighting cans or fighting the best, not sure if that says he's no confident in beating any decent fighters or if he thinks can do a Lesnar and jump straight into the best. It's probably the former.

The'll build Lashley as they should, they'll give him Kyle next. Then someone like Antonio Silva. The Sims fight was pointless, and almost did worse for Lashley than losing to someone half decent would.

Manhoef showed a lot even in his staggering 'stealing a loss from the jaws of victory' KO. Lawler is a tough SOB, but was just getting battered like I've never seen before. I could only just imagine what would have happened to Lawler if he didn't connect with that hail mary overhand right. I would have barely been able to stand if that fight when another 2 minutes. Still, I see a Manhoef / Scott Smith battle next up, that would be another fun fight. Good showing by both fighters.

Zaromskis I thought exactly as he is. Guy is an exciting prospect, but people get carried away. He still showed a lot and it was a real barnburner for the round is lasted. Just not quite ready for Diaz, who IMO is a top 5 WW. Enjoyable fight. He'll be fine and fit in well at Strikeforce's middleweight div, assuming he regularly gets lent from Dream.

Agree with Ross on Walker. Not sure if we should see him again, but it's probably beneficial to Strikeforce for a business standpoint to have him fight, but as an MMA fan, I'd rather fastforward that.

Overall the event was fair, not Strikeforce's best by a long shot, but better than the last UFN at least.

If Manhoef learnt to keep his hands up and had better takedown defense he'd be unstoppable at middleweight. His all-round striking ability and ridiculous KO power makes him a nightmare on the feet against MMA fighters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back