May 14, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
hi,
i was thinking about getting some sort of saints tattoo,
i was wondering if anyone here has gotten one and what they think about it, whether they've regretted it, or loved it. also what they got tattooed like the crest, or a stick figure saint.

hi,
i was thinking about getting some sort of saints tattoo,
i was wondering if anyone here has gotten one and what they think about it, whether they've regretted it, or loved it. also what they got tattooed like the crest, or a stick figure saint.

Gday Saintly555, I think I'll get the emblem that Sainter has as his avatar tattooed across my entire face!

:p Nah there's a thread that is on the main Saints board that you might find some decent suggestions:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541865

I do like the stick figure within the emblem or "Fortius Quo Fidelius" in a nice font. I'd have this on a lower leg or upper outer or inner arm or chest.

Also, keep in mind, tattoo's are forever so consider it & where you get it carefully. Although I'm sure you'll be a Saint for life. You may not work in a corporate environment now but that may change later, you may be restricted by a certain job or uniform, whatever. I have another on my ankle which is meaningful but is covered for work.

This a bit of an old fashioned view, but just something to keep in mind.

I was planning on getting a Saints tattoo when we win the flag, but I've been put off by a mate who recently got a kangaroo tat that looks shocking. No one has the balls to tell him though so he's stuck looking like a goose for life I guess :thumbsdown:

But yeah when we win I reckon we have an advantage in that both our logo and motto would work great as a tattoo. I'd probs get fortius quo fidelius on my chest or shoulder or something.

"fortius quo fidelius" has always been my first choice. because even when you take a away the st kilda connection it still has a lot of meaning.
i'd prob be getting that first if/when i get one.
but a small stick figure saint somewhere hidden might also be alright.

hahahah! Yes you are buddy!

0,,6443071,00.jpg

I always thought if I were to get a tattoo it would have to be something for life, and as I have no wife or kids the only thing I could be sure will be timeless would be a St Kilda (or Aberdeen fc) tattoo, as they are the only things I know I won't change.

Problem being the amount of people I know who have football tattoos which have just looked terrible or tacky has slightly put me off. If I were to get one I'd get "Fortius Quo Fidelius" somewhere, as it's the motto though doesn't look as overtly obvious that it's a football tattoo except to those who know it is (if that makes sense). I was discussing this with a girl I met at a pub yesterday, she said she was going to get "Fortius Quo Fidelius" tattoo'd if St Kilda won the flag. Seems to be a popular idea.

If we win the GF replay this week, I'm 95% sure I'll get some ink work done to commemorate the win. Something like the one Roo had on his arm for the membership campaign, but maybe with less tribal stuff?

aaRiewoldt_LD1.jpg

If we win the GF replay this week, I'm 95% sure I'll get some ink work done to commemorate the win. Something like the one Roo had on his arm for the membership campaign, but maybe with less tribal stuff?

aaRiewoldt_LD1.jpg

i'm thinking that on my chest tbh.

but as you say without tribal stuff. reckon it'd look really good myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back