Multiplat Tekken 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Throw Away Make It Rain GIF

This is the best Tekken in a while (maybe since Tekken 3, but at least up there with Tag 2 and 5).

Fantastic game, so incredibly well done. It's gorgeous. The changes to the gameplay do an excellent job of encouraging aggressiveness, and it feels fluid and fun to play. Both the roster and the available game modes are so far ahead of what other recent fighting games have offered, and a big, necessary uptick from the relatively-lacking 7. The story mode was surprisingly well put together, and I like this as a new direction for Tekken. The frame rate stability and netcoding also seem well above their normal standard. All in all I am seriously impressed. This is a much, much, much better game than MK1 as the most recent comparison point. In another league.

So far, Azucena is clicking as my new main. This is a real surprise for me as she is so different from my more traditional mains.

I've never played a Tekken before, I'm assuming you don't really need to have played previously to enjoy the story in this one?
The game includes a short summary video for each previous game that it directs you to when you go to start the campaign. I watched them, and despite playing every game in the series, I had a better understanding of what happened in those games after the video than I did after playing any of them. :tearsofjoy:

First time I’ve ever played a Tekken game and I’ve absolutely been missing out.
Still trying to learn combos and what not but I’m really enjoying using Victor atm !

I’ve made a video on it so any tips would be much appreciated.
Keen to really have a crack at this online as I don’t remember the last time I actually enjoyed a video game this much if I’m honest

played most of the tekken's. don't have a PS5 so probably won't play this one until i do. looks good though.

happily playing 7 though when i get a chance.

any idea yet how many dlc the characters will be spread across? how many different ones will people need to buy to see their favourite set of boobies?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

played most of the tekken's. don't have a PS5 so probably won't play this one until i do. looks good though.

happily playing 7 though when i get a chance.

any idea yet how many dlc the characters will be spread across? how many different ones will people need to buy to see their favourite set of boobies?
Also to add to this, has previous Tekken titles ever introduced characters from other games/shows etc ?
Or are they all unique to Tekken ?

Much love for the Tekken series - took a random punt on the original not long after buying a Playstation, it was only $50..... (Platinum titles FTW) and wow it was so much fun. Ended up getting Tekken 2 (also as a Platinum title... would be given Tekken 3 as a Christmas present in 2000.... also Platinum lol).

Likewise Tekken Tag Tournament and 4 were also Platinum titles (pays to wait for the cheaper prices). Tekken 5 and 6 were purchased on release, TTT 2 was a budget purchase. As was Tekken 7 (pc version with all DLC was cheaper than on console).

Similar to MK and SF, the basics are pretty easy to pick up. But the advanced play is something else entirely.

Paul Phoenix is my main.

That said as tempted as I am to get Tekken 8 asap, I'll probably hold off until end of year where it will (hopefully) be cheaper.

Much love for the Tekken series - took a random punt on the original not long after buying a Playstation, it was only $50..... (Platinum titles FTW) and wow it was so much fun. Ended up getting Tekken 2 (also as a Platinum title... would be given Tekken 3 as a Christmas present in 2000.... also Platinum lol).

Likewise Tekken Tag Tournament and 4 were also Platinum titles (pays to wait for the cheaper prices). Tekken 5 and 6 were purchased on release, TTT 2 was a budget purchase. As was Tekken 7 (pc version with all DLC was cheaper than on console).

Similar to MK and SF, the basics are pretty easy to pick up. But the advanced play is something else entirely.

Paul Phoenix is my main.

That said as tempted as I am to get Tekken 8 asap, I'll probably hold off until end of year where it will (hopefully) be cheaper.

I haven't played all the Tekkens (despite being the OP here, which would imply I'm a fanboy), but Tekken 3 is in the goat category for fighters.

Am looking forward to getting more time on this. Tekken is renowned for being easy to pick up and play, though there is a lot of depth to be found, and there is a quick sorting between those who button mash and those who actually learn the mechanics. If I tried to play online right now, I'd be nothing but fresh meat for some of the people who are legit good.

I haven't played all the Tekkens (despite being the OP here, which would imply I'm a fanboy), but Tekken 3 is in the goat category for fighters.

Am looking forward to getting more time on this. Tekken is renowned for being easy to pick up and play, though there is a lot of depth to be found, and there is a quick sorting between those who button mash and those who actually learn the mechanics. If I tried to play online right now, I'd be nothing but fresh meat for some of the people who are legit good.

Same like MK/SF there's a science to it and those that are good are REALLY good at beating average players. I do ok online, but I'm not the best (but not the worst... I don't think ha).

If anyone is keen for some friendly games, add DRebie95
I’m so keen to learn more and not have to use the special buttons haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back