Movies & TV The Hangar Film Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just go by yourself.
Going to the cinema by yourself is the BEST!!!
Once you start doing it you will want to go by yourself all the time (Which makes it awkward when you tell the fiancé you are going to see a film and you don’t invite them)

I've done that before. Went to see Dawn of the Dead with an Ex. Halfway through she got upset at a jump scare and got up and screamed at me that she's not happy and going home. The second half of the movie was quite enjoyable watching by myself. ;)

Kong I finally watched Old Henry. I'm pretty sure it was you who suggested it to me. Very, very good.

If it wasn't you, you should check it out. Good cowboy flick.
Yeah I’m not 100% sure if it was me or not, but quite possibly. I loved it.

Those final twenty minutes…

Kong I finally watched Old Henry. I'm pretty sure it was you who suggested it to me. Very, very good.

If it wasn't you, you should check it out. Good cowboy flick.

Thanks for mentioning this, we just watched it and loved it. Great movie. :thumbsu:

Watched the Elvis biopic. Might be the first of Baz Luhrmans movies I've ever seen. Was pretty good. Sometimes the actor looked nothing like and then other times it was scary how much he looked like him. That real footage at the end of a bloated almost dead Elvis belting out unchained melody though... oof. Real hair on the back of the neck stuff.

Did the Top Gun double feature last night.

I don't think I ever need/want to see the first one again. Had high hopes for the new one given it's 8+ rating on imdb and the positive reports I'd heard. Found it pretty meh actually.
as i've let it sink i've liked the 2nd one less and less.
re-watching the first one now and i realise not a lot happens in it. And i finally caught Officer and Gentleman recently and whether it's because i'd not seen it before, or it is in fact a better movie, i feel the latter does a better job telling the story it's trying to tell

TG2 is fun for an old school cinema experience.
I doubt i'll watch it again. Same issue - nothing really happens.

And i finally caught Officer and Gentleman recently and whether it's because i'd not seen it before, or it is in fact a better movie
I think it's because it's a better movie. TG was just a boys and their toys wankfest. The second one tried to be more than that but it was pretty hamfisted. I don't think I'll watch either again.

Amazon actually has a good selection of older flicks. Watched some Gene Hackman flick last night from 1975 called Night Moves. Also had very young Melanie Griffiths and James Woods in it. Was ok but sometimes it's just fun watching movies from that era just for the scenery whether it's a brilliant film or average.

I think it's because it's a better movie. TG was just a boys and their toys wankfest. The second one tried to be more than that but it was pretty hamfisted. I don't think I'll watch either again.

Amazon actually has a good selection of older flicks. Watched some Gene Hackman flick last night from 1975 called Night Moves. Also had very young Melanie Griffiths and James Woods in it. Was ok but sometimes it's just fun watching movies from that era just for the scenery whether it's a brilliant film or average.
given i find 8/10 new moves generally bad to terrible, i love going back and watching old stuff.

i have a lot to catch up on too.

See if you can rustle up The Conversation, probably the best thing Hackman did. Francis Ford Coppola at his peak, and it has John Cazale in too so you know it's good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Black Adam. I LOVE The Rock but I think I am definitely over the superhero movie.
My high school friends were super into marvel and so we went and saw all of them in the cinema up to infinity war/end game.

But not being a comic buff myself I found it pretty exhausting and haven't watched any of them since EG. The super hero fatigue is real.

the other problem is they all tie in to each other so if I want to get into it again there is now almost too much to catch up on

My high school friends were super into marvel and so we went and saw all of them in the cinema up to infinity war/end game.

But not being a comic buff myself I found it pretty exhausting and haven't watched any of them since EG. The super hero fatigue is real.

the other problem is they all tie in to each other so if I want to get into it again there is now almost too much to catch up on
☝️Martin Scorsese likes this post
GIF by Golden Globes

Watched the Elvis biopic. Might be the first of Baz Luhrmans movies I've ever seen. Was pretty good. Sometimes the actor looked nothing like and then other times it was scary how much he looked like him. That real footage at the end of a bloated almost dead Elvis belting out unchained melody though... oof. Real hair on the back of the neck stuff.
One of two films (alongside the far less successful Blonde) last year where an Australian filmmaker has gleefully demolished American iconography.

In the case of Elvis, turning the whole narrative into a Faustian morphine trip from Colonel Tom Parker's POV is truly wild and really one of the few, if not only musical biopics of recent times to defy everything that Walk Hard successfully skewered 15 years ago.

I was meant to post this a while back but forgot.

I watched the 2022 remake of All Quiet on the Western Front. I loved it, it's such a strong story and I don't think the addition of the armistice plot line takes away from the overall story as told in the book (which many of us would've studied at school) at all. I watched it with sub titles, I can't stand overdubs, and it didn't detract at all.

So powerful, so good.

would recommend watching all the scream movies (though i'm not sure where, i just have a lot of stuff accessible/saved digitally so i watch them as i please) if you're a fan of horror. i was personally skeptical about the 5th/6th released this year and last year but both were pretty decent all things considered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back