Sport The Hangar "Games" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought I'd put up a thread for the current Commonwealth Games, that we could double as an Olympic thread.

Just turned it on, artistic gymnastics currently on 7. It's amazing how strong their core is.

And apparently Sally Pearson is pulling out as well.

Got silver in the men's triathlon. Jake Birtwhistle. Only heard of him 20 minutes ago but he'll clearly be a gun, will win Olympic golds.

Let me guess

Showing highlights from 25 years ago rather than showing non Australian's compete?
I'm on the swivel between 70 and 72, it's mostly that they seem to be having ad breaks at the same time. Or, once the triathlon was finished on 70, did an interview with our silver medalist, go to an ad break. Change to 72, show the same interview followed by an ad break.

And now they're showing England spanking Scotland in the netball and interviews on the other channel. If we have to watch someone spanking someone else, can it be our side?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it possible not to care about this ‘Games?’
Yeah. I mean in the scheme of things it's basically measuring us vs England for the most part.

Channel ******* 7. Can I watch the Lawn Bowls final without an ad break when things are just starting to heat up?
I'm surprised there's enough people interested in lawn bowls to a) get coverage over other sports (or at all?), and b) sell ad space during the match.

I'm surprised there's enough people interested in lawn bowls to a) get coverage over other sports (or at all?), and b) sell ad space during the match.
It was that or rhythmic gymnastics. And it was a very entertaining game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back