The top eight

Remove this Banner Ad

Gimme the Fyfe

All Australian
Sep 6, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
The top eight is in as close shape as I remember seeing it at this stage of the season, albeit on paper - there are teams that are head and shoulders above in quality that isn't indicated by ladder positions. This round is turning out quite nicely for us though and maybe the beginning of teams really entrenching their positions for the remainder of the season.

Like all of us, I can't stand relying on other team's results for success (it kind of leaves you with this dirty feeling inside!), however -

- I gotta say, this round could not have started better! Richmond beating Carlton (the alternative would have left Carlton equal first on points, and that's just not a world I want to live in) 🗸

- Essendon just emerged from scrounging in the gutter and pipped the Saints to where we don't have to look at them, hopefully for a a while. 🗸

- Would it kill Port to stunt the Swan's sudden surge tonight? [Edit] 🗸

- I wish only bad things for West Coast, but a Geelong loss would be handy, of course, for that to happen the team would need to get struck down by Monkeypox by this afternoon, maybe giving West Coast a sniff.

But its win win, because on the other hand, there will be one team walking off at the end of the game at Optus oval, ie Geelong, who will pulverise the Eagles so hard that West Coast and Optus Oval will indistinguishable from one another.

Last edited:
If the Giants can knock off the Dogs this weekend then there’s really only 9 teams left in the hunt. Having said that, every single team currently in the top 8 would be feeling like they could win it this year.
At this stage I would say Geelong and Richmond are the teams most likely to be pushing into the top 4. To state the obvious, our upcoming games against Carlton, Sydney, St Kikda and Richmond (Friday night prime time in Melbourne ) are all massive 8 point games that will make or break our top 4 ambitions.

If the Giants can knock off the Dogs this weekend then there’s really only 9 teams left in the hunt. Having said that, every single team currently in the top 8 would be feeling like they could win it this year.
At this stage I would say Geelong and Richmond are the teams most likely to be pushing into the top 4.

Even in this round in which we're not playing, its an exciting one with strong implications on our spot.

(takes solid swig of beer) God I love football..

To state the obvious, our upcoming games against Carlton, Sydney, St Kikda and Richmond (Friday night prime time in Melbourne ) are all massive 8 point games that will make or break our top 4 ambitions.

Oh, next week's marquee fixture reveal should reward us with some proper centre-stage games.

Note this brief Simon Garlick interview.

‘We think we are advancing well.’ | Simon Garlick on 9 News

Before seeing this last night I never knew he had promised 2 premierships and 80,000 members by 2025, Christ.

Last edited:
The top eight is in as close shape as I remember seeing it at this stage of the season, albeit on paper - there are teams that are head and shoulders above in quality that isn't indicated by ladder positions. This round is turning out quite nicely for us though and maybe the beginning of teams really entrenching their positions for the remainder of the season.
Top eight?
Top four?
Top two!!!
Just booked my flights to MCG
Analysis has its place ...
FAITH also!
YOKAI!
Its Wharfie Time!

Mate of mine has booked his flights for GF week. I shook my head and told him you’re the type of bloke that has the piss taken out of them on FB.

In fairness it cost him bugger all using reward points.

Mate of mine has booked his flights for GF week. I shook my head and told him you’re the type of bloke that has the piss taken out of them on FB.

In fairness it cost him bugger all using reward points.
It's a smart move tbh as flights have already skyrocketed in price and likely wont be available soon.

Going to commit to a weekend in Melbourne on GF weekend for the next few years, worst comes to worst you get a weekend in Melbourne when theres a festival like atmosphere around the place

True. But if we were to make the GF extra flights would be put on. It’s a long way off.

It's a smart move tbh as flights have already skyrocketed in price and likely wont be available soon.

Going to commit to a weekend in Melbourne on GF weekend for the next few years, worst comes to worst you get a weekend in Melbourne when theres a festival like atmosphere around the place
worst comes to worst i cancel for credits.
i am an optimist not a fool, also have zero interest if were not in it.
spent too much on atmosphere going to last years grand missout.

I feel like 4 upsets in one weekend is a bit much to ask, I'm pretty happy with the two we got
3 upsets... 4 definitely seems too much to ask for (the Wet Toast seriously suck this year)

This year.. well, watching the first 2 games, I did not expect the Dockers to be equal first and to have beaten every other team in the top 5. It is a very odd feeling, and quite different to that 2012-2015 feeling IMHO. Super unexpected.

So, hoping that the rest will get Darcy up and going (he seems tired, for mine - carrying something). If the boys can work out how to play in wet conditions, and we're lucky with injuries, this year could be anything. My AFL ladder predictor has Dockers beating Brissy in the GF :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back