Discussion The West Coast Eagles Guernsey Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I really do hope that the white box goes - it is so unnecessary, the orange on navy stands out enough, the white box around it is pointless, take that out and it is a winner.

I really do hope that the white box goes - it is so unnecessary, the orange on navy stands out enough, the white box around it is pointless, take that out and it is a winner.

I'm pretty sure it's only so big because it has to cover the Hungry Jacks logo.
Next year it will be printed straight onto the jumper.

I'm pretty sure it's only so big because it has to cover the Hungry Jacks logo.
Next year it will be printed straight onto the jumper.

Fair point.

But it would be better if the cheap bastards reprinted the guernseys and gave the old ones to some youth clubs that need it - I am sure Bankwest gave them millions, lol.

Fair point.

But it would be better if the cheap bastards reprinted the guernseys and gave the old ones to some youth clubs that need it - I am sure Bankwest gave them millions, lol.

They still have to use the current ones for the rest of the year though because the sponsorship starts next year.
As for giving away jumpers, I've seen a lot of international clubs wearing old AFL jumpers that their AFL sister clubs donated.

Being an all encompassing guernsey topic, I want to express my hatred of the Navy Blue. Royal Blue and Gold are our real colours, and we need to switch the Navy to Royal in the Home Jumper.

I will also miss HJs.

shattered to hear this. but good luck to them it may create a new jumper - need to bug wce about having a competition like port did for a design a jumper comp

if i had my say we would be wearing 87 jumper for home games and 92 jumper for away games best jumpers we will ever get simple and easy on the eye

question ? what is the font called that eagles is written in ?

I had another go at a new Eagles logo. I'm happier with it than the last one but I'm still not sure about it. I'll see what your fresh eyes see before changing anything.
WCEnulogo.png

WCErebrand2.png

haha no offence, but that looks like a choccobo:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, from what I read, you fans pretty much want;

Yes, no, sort of?

No, because as has been said countless times on here, the yellow guernsey with yellow or white shorts does not look very good. The only way this works is with the yellow peril being a home guernsey, so blue shorts are possible.

I also don't think we would ever go back to the old logo. As much as fans like the original, it is dated, we need a new logo which is a middle ground of the two. A squarer head than the current like the old, but more modern like the current.

haha no offence, but that looks like a choccobo:D

Nothing wrong with having a choccobo represent your club. They're loyal, fast and helpful.:p

Are you seriously posting in a graphic design section in comic sans?

Call for instant ban?

You don't get it, Incase. He's using it "ironically":rolleyes:

I feel a bit dirty using 2 emoticons in 1 post.

No, because as has been said countless times on here, the yellow guernsey with yellow or white shorts does not look very good. The only way this works is with the yellow peril being a home guernsey, so blue shorts are possible.

When Hawthorn wear white shorts with their jumper I think it looks better than when they wear their home shorts (although it may be because they have a darker gold and their home shorts are brown).
I think gold and white is a nice subtle change as long as you don't have to read anything using it (eg. white numbers on a gold background).

The other option is to say that the yellow jumper avoids the clash enough and wear blue shorts for every away game except against the Bulldogs and North.

Given that we haven't ever seen a modern Peril (new fabrics and whatnot) used with gold or white shorts, I think we owe it to ourselves to get the club to spend several years experimenting with such combinations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back