Universal Love Footy Related Things we are still cranky about -

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Board's decision to sign on these two clowns consecutively as coach.

Neither of them fitted the culture of our proud club.

View attachment 1955891
Will argue in relation to Bolton. His foundation especially his first 2 years in culture setting and team ethos was pivotal. His lack of support with decent assistants (esp after Craig left) and internal politics crippled him. If Doc, Cripps and Weitering were devastated at his departure it says something.

Edit: what makes me sick though is he’s now at the Pies.

I’ll have to add a few more;
  • Waite leaving
  • Trades of any players with * such as Campo, Allan, Setters etc. Will take Manton as the only positive one.
  • Angwin and other wasted talent at our disposal because we had our hands tied for years because of the salary cap saga and took risks that also further impacted our culture.
  • Our run of losses against so many sides this century. Including StKilda, Swans and Wees n Poos.
  • Losing Kennedy in trade for Judd… call me blasphemous but I woulda traded pick 1… kept 3.

I’ll have to add a few more;
  • Waite leaving
  • Trades of any players with * such as Campo, Allan, Setters etc. Will take Manton as the only positive one.
  • Angwin and other wasted talent at our disposal because we had our hands tied for years because of the salary cap saga and took risks that also further impacted our culture.
  • Our run of losses against so many sides this century. Including StKilda, Swans and Wees n Poos.
  • Losing Kennedy in trade for Judd… call me blasphemous but I woulda traded pick 1… kept 3.
On the eve of playing the crows, I'd like to remind us all of one of the greatest running goals Carlton supporters have ever witnessed (Braddles aside) from our favorite ex * player.

I kept hearing rumours while he was there of the sorts of comments he was making. About not caring about the job. He was only there for a paycheck. Etc.
I didn't really believe any of it at the time but looking back it seems it was all spot on. One of the more bizarre coaching episodes in our history. And we let Percy coach for a while!

The games coached record

cdb671c8808227900be348ab127a5705.jpg

I’m still more than a little cranky that we let this guy have pick after pick after pick at the National Draft for 9 years for an extremely small return.

And those that enabled him to be on the books for that whole time.

What could have been with Judd, Fev and all the number 1/2 picks who were very good footballers in their own right. Ended up with zero depth and a soft underbelly

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Will argue in relation to Bolton. His foundation especially his first 2 years in culture setting and team ethos was pivotal. His lack of support with decent assistants (esp after Craig left) and internal politics crippled him. If Doc, Cripps and Weitering were devastated at his departure it says something.

Edit: what makes me sick though is he’s now at the Pies.

Agree with all of this.

Since 2000.....

Clarkson putting 8 defenders on Fevola denying him a 100 goal season.

Mick Malthouse's entire Carlton coaching tenure including the sacking of Ratten.

Riccardi's goal from 55m out that was clearly touched on the mark.

Shane Woewoeful being given the brownlow over Koutoufides.

Aaron Hamill deflecting to St Kilda.

The dodgy turf at docklands that cost Kreuzer his knee/career.

Milburn's hit on Silvagni.

Sydney not trading Tom Papley to us.

The umpiring in Perth in the 2011 semi-final loss to Eagles.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wiggo is at Ascot Vale panthers coaching the kids nowadays, he has said was lucky not to break his finger!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The ball starts about 15m right of the behind post. The most abnormal curve on a drop punt ive ever seen.

The only strange bit is that the ball still travelled 50m+ despite hitting his hand that hard.

Clarko flooding the backline with Fev on 99 goals.

If Fev kicked 100 goals then that night would have been more memorable and gone down in history with 2 players kicking their 100th goal in the same match. Would have been part of future footy trivia nights questions at functions. But naah, Clarkson wanted the night to be just for Buddy.

I never experience the success of the 90s, so the first time I experience a finals campaign was ....

3 qtr time. Carlton 94 - Brisbane 70. We end up losing Carlton 104 - Brisbane 111.

I never been so mad about footy leading to that point.. agony.

Ironic that Vossy was Brisbane’s coach

:p

But so pissed we lost that game - and the following year we lost the Elimination Final to Sydney by a kick

:mad:

I never experience the success of the 90s, so the first time I experience a finals campaign was ....

3 qtr time. Carlton 94 - Brisbane 70. We end up losing Carlton 104 - Brisbane 111.

I never been so mad about footy leading to that point.. agony.

And that goal by Cloke kicked in the last quarter was at the start and put us further ahead by 30 pts!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back