Universal Love Footy Related Things we are still cranky about -

Remove this Banner Ad

😟Yep, we hit the front with only 15 seconds left but then Riccardi goaled on the siren.

I was there to taste this bitter defeat while my wife was down the road at Jeff’s shed at a food festival tasting delicious food.
26 seconds left on the clock after coming from 8 goals down in the last quarter…

That moment of heartbreak will live with me forever, even though the season was our worst ever.

I'm not necessarily cranky about this, but it's a shame...

The year Cripps rose to prominence was the same year Judd got injured and retired. Imagine the magnificence of being able to watch those two out there together in full-flight, even if only for a season or two.

That selfush ole prick sent us back another 5 years.

I kept hearing rumours while he was there of the sorts of comments he was making. About not caring about the job. He was only there for a paycheck. Etc.
I didn't really believe any of it at the time but looking back it seems it was all spot on. One of the more bizarre coaching episodes in our history. And we let Percy coach for a while!

26 seconds left on the clock after coming from 8 goals down in the last quarter…

That moment of heartbreak will live with me forever, even though the season was our worst ever.
We had left early that day due to the usual getting thumped..
Had the radio going. Lappinnn!!!!!
Reached oakleigh station as Riccardi kicked the goal. My uncle has never yelled /terrified people that much and never will 😂
Ah that was a horrible experience..

This thread brings up a lot of memories. I won’t post the ones already mentioned in the 90’s and 00’s but the one thing that still irks me from last decade was the inability to land one midfielder in the SOS draft era which is having an impact in that said position. Walsh doesn’t count - the missus would have picked him too. Not blaming anyone in this thread as it’s not about that. It’s just that it makes me cranky when I think about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its been mentioned a few times already but here are the two things I am most cranky about:
  1. Our 1995 side was one of the most dominant sides ever to walk onto a the field. How we didn't win more flags in that era still makes me cranky.
  2. Ratten given the sack still makes me cranky. Regardless of who came in to replace him but having that selfish old prick malthouse made me even more cranky about it.

We had left early that day due to the usual getting thumped..
Had the radio going. Lappinnn!!!!!
Reached oakleigh station as Riccardi kicked the goal. My uncle has never yelled /terrified people that much and never will 😂
Ah that was a horrible experience..
Lappin in the square. I was listening on the radio.

When Ricciardi kicked the goal it sparked a life-long hatred for the cats… still hurts to this day!

Charlie rushing, playing on, snapping and missing against Collingwood. Would have pretty much iced the game and snuck us into finals.

That game still gives me nightmares at times
Yep. Even taking the 30 seconds of the clock might have been enough.

Irks me when he still does it today...

Carlton Board's decision to sign on these two clowns consecutively as coach.

Neither of them fitted the culture of our proud club.

malth.jpg

90% of these posts bring back very cranky moments for me too.

The Motley one was particularly sour because there was no coming back from that moment, Judd’s career ending on such a low note was also gut wrenching as he deserved a proper send off game.

One thing that is not blues related that really got me cranky was the absolute wet lettuce and rug sweeping response the AFL headquarters showed to * for their systemic drug cheating!

The AFL were quite prepared to allow * to go basically unpunished for bringing the game to its lowest ebb, despite abundant evidence that they broke every rule imaginable and they even pre warned them to “lose” the spreadsheets!!!

I nearly gave the league away for that as I felt they had betrayed the fans of the game!!

Shame on * and shame on AFL house.

Thank Judd for WADA!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

But don’t you dare break the Salary Cap. :thumbsu: ;) :think: :rolleyes:

I never experience the success of the 90s, so the first time I experience a finals campaign was ....

3 qtr time. Carlton 94 - Brisbane 70. We end up losing Carlton 104 - Brisbane 111.

I never been so mad about footy leading to that point.. agony.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back