GDUB

Cancelled
May 2, 2005
The Gully
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
RICHMOND
Anyone else dissapointed to see old Chip & Dale still in the team?

I was at training on Wednesday and watching them play some match practice and he plays exactly the same at training as he does in games. Dont ever let anyone tell you that he turns the ball over under pressure. He does the same thing in scratch matches too!

4 or 5 times he marked the ball on the half back flank and tries to drill a low pass to a player in the centre square but kicks it straight on to the chest of an opponent 15 metres away!

Sounds just like match day doesnt it?

G

Sorry guys...but get over it. Regardless he is gonna be part of things so no point grizzling..unless venting your spleens eases the tension. Have alook in the Best 22 thread, he was in almost everyone's team so it seems like it or not...lock it in Terry!

I agree he would be in our best 22 and he is a good player. That doesnt change the fact that he is currently playing useless footy and giving very little to the team.

Joel Bowden was the same prior to being dropped last year and i am certain that had he not been dropped would have continued playing useless un-accountable footy. Dropping him was the catalyst for him becoming a very good player.

I would like to see Tiv back playing the footy he played a few years ago but at the moment he is a liability.

G

GDUB said:
I agree he would be in our best 22 and he is a good player. That doesnt change the fact that he is currently playing useless footy and giving very little to the team.

Joel Bowden was the same prior to being dropped last year and i am certain that had he not been dropped would have continued playing useless un-accountable footy. Dropping him was the catalyst for him becoming a very good player.

I would like to see Tiv back playing the footy he played a few years ago but at the moment he is a liability.

G

I think you'll find though that the difference bw tivendale and bowden is that bowden actually has some talent but was down in confidence. Tivendale has nothing.

itsintheblood said:
I think you'll find though that the difference bw tivendale and bowden is that bowden actually has some talent but was down in confidence. Tivendale has nothing.

Don't get me wrong...I don't disagree as I'm sure most don't but just dont see the point in week after week a depressing thread on the same old subject. We gotta learn to make do with what we have for 2005, maybe beyond

itsintheblood said:

Absoloute rubbish.

Tiv in the past has shown more than enough in glimpses to show he does have what it takes. What the Plough needs to get out of him is #a - More accountable footy and then #b - Consistent accountable footy.

Even this year, Tiv has played some good halves of footy and then backed it up with utter rubbish in the 2nd half (Nth Melbourne) which gives idiots like you the ammunition to slag him off.

I agree with some of the suggestions above about sending him back, even for a week ala: Joel Bowden but to say he has no ability at all is to show either that #a you have no clue about footy or #b you are judging a mans ability on present form rather than his entire career and you have no clue about footy.

He gets the ball, carries it and it can kick. Do not confuse symptoms with root causes. His turnovers of late are not a deficiency of the skill of kicking - but of his decision making (also a skill). Under pressure, one of the hardest things is to make the right decision from multiple options - the stars make that look easy. For the tradesmen, you hope they get it right more often than not. When confidence is down, so many thoughts go through your mind that you end up not being absolutely committed to one course of action - or the other. In the absence of single mindedness to an action, the ability to execute is impaired.

The consequence of which is a combination of poor execution and/or poor strategy - in any combination, a poor result.

From what I understand, TW has made Tivva's decision making simpler. I think get ready to see Tiv only kicking long. I think the course of action is great coaching and hopefully we'll see more hits from Tiv, or at least territorial advantage, from his usual bevvy of possessions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

meltiger said:
Absoloute rubbish.

Tiv in the past has shown more than enough in glimpses to show he does have what it takes. What the Plough needs to get out of him is #a - More accountable footy and then #b - Consistent accountable footy.

Even this year, Tiv has played some good halves of footy and then backed it up with utter rubbish in the 2nd half (Nth Melbourne) which gives idiots like you the ammunition to slag him off.

I agree with some of the suggestions above about sending him back, even for a week ala: Joel Bowden but to say he has no ability at all is to show either that #a you have no clue about footy or #b you are judging a mans ability on present form rather than his entire career and you have no clue about footy.

Crap. Tivendale is rubbish.

Been in the system for many years now and is going backwards. Premierships cannot be won with his type in the side.

I don't think Tivva has enough dimensions in his game to ever cause any headaches for oppositions. Although he has a decent left foot roost on him, he has no right at all, his decision making is deplorable, always bounces the ball as soon as he gets it rather than try to create distance, and not sure if anyone else has noticed but his handball skills aren't too crash hot either. He could be handy in the side if maintained on outer-wing, and told to belt it in the forward 50 with his left as soon as he gets it, but do we have enough room in our team to account for someone like this? My answer is no. We struggle enough as it is, constant turnovers do us no good.

The types of mistakes he makes is acceptable every so often from a junior still gaining experience and learning the finer aspects of the game (even though we've hardly seen Lids mess up anything this year), but not from a bloke that has been in the system for the number of years he has.

itsintheblood said:
Crap. Tivendale is rubbish.

Yes on current form. Look beyond the present though.

12 months ago, Bowden was absoloute rubbish, turned the ball over as often as Tivendale is now and was useless to us.

A stint back in the ressies was enough to turn him around into a highly important player for us.

It is tremendously short sighted and stupid to say Tivendale offers nothing at all. The problem is he is offering nothing at the moment because his decision making is foolish at best.

That can be rectified though... It was with Bowden.

Thankfully with Wallace's five year contract and the clubs likely inability to pay out his contract (Meaning he will see out 5 years regardless of results) it should mean that the club don't make dumb, snap decisions that some fans are prone to calling for......

310377BG.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back