todays' training

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 13, 2004
amongst the gum trees
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well a small crowd was at Alberton for training today. More media there than supporters I think.

It was a very good session apart from a few players making blunders. In particular Broges and Ladey struggled to hold a mark, and Dewy struggled to kick a goal (but he was trying from the boundary line all the time). Francou was kicking them from the same spot tho and I beleive that Stewy owes him lunch now! :D

Choco was really vocal, both when the players did well and also when they dropped sitters, missed targets etc. The focus seemed to be on quick on ball movement from defence, I guess to beat the "flood".

Those who trained really well included Cochrane, Whitey, Ebo and Wilbur. I suspect Wilbur will play as he looked awesome. He spent some time in 1 on 1's with Ben Eckermann, practicing hard ball gets and tackling. He never even looked like he was carrying an injury and young Ben gave him a pretty rough time! (hate to be the kid if he HAD hurt him tho)

Choppy, Josh Mahoney and Snr Burger were out there and Bish ran laps with Arnie. Didn't see Jnr Burger or Jacob Surjan. Sala trained with a "bandage" around his knee. Looked pretty good but it's hard to tell.

Anyway it was a really good session with a high level of skill and plenty of "voice". The players seemed to pretty relaxed and looking forward to the game. An interested spectator was SOG's old man, who sat in the "other" stand watching.

I will now take questions from the floor.

Oh and I took some (crappy) pics which I'll email on to those who I know.....Feel free to delete or distribute them as you see fit.

Thanks Portentous. Sounds like Wilbur is a definite inclusion then. I can't see them dropping Cochrane either if he is fit. Did you get any insights about who might be left out, Poulton? Chaplin?.

Chaplin would be obvious but the selectors dislike poulton

btw

to all fair minded posters on the "Dark Side" - good luck on Sunday....from my point of view I'm pretty relaxed about the game given we're not expected to give a yelp.......hopefully we can give a decent contest.....and go easy on The Count..... :D

meh said:
Chaplin would be obvious but the selectors dislike poulton
Why would that be obvious. He played a good first quarter against the Lions? I notice your complete disregard for him on the Crows board.

Mad Dog said:
btw

to all fair minded posters on the "Dark Side" - good luck on Sunday....from my point of view I'm pretty relaxed about the game given we're not expected to give a yelp.......hopefully we can give a decent contest.....and go easy on The Count..... :D

Thanks MD. The Count should expect, and recieve, no favours, as will our youngsters.

Just hope it's a hard, tough game that the whatever coloured maggots don't ruin-yet again. :mad:

Mad Dog said:
btw

Geez MD, any chance you could knit me a beannie on Sunday!? Maybe you and Powerkop could sit together. You're both far too conciliatory for my liking.

I want our guys to crush your lot and inflict psychological scars. I want your players waking in fright at the sound of thunder. I'd love nothing better than a fifteen goal belting. I want to see your fans leaving early and I want to taunt their retreating backs. I want to see the Hobbit and his men walking off with their heads hanging and the jeers of your supporters ringing in their ears.It's a Showdown ffs!

Mad Dog said:
btw

Thanks MD. Like always it should be a good game.

Toots Hibbert said:
......I want our guys to crush your lot and inflict psychological scars. I want your players waking in fright at the sound of thunder. I'd love nothing better than a fifteen goal belting. I want to see your fans leaving early and I want to taunt their retreating backs. I want to see the Hobbit and his men walking off with their heads hanging and the jeers of your supporters ringing in their ears. It's a Showdown ffs!
Works for me. But no injuries, no suspensions on either side.

Toots Hibbert said:
Geez MD, any chance you could knit me a beannie on Sunday!? Maybe you and Powerkop could sit together. You're both far too conciliatory for my liking.

I want our guys to crush your lot and inflict psychological scars. I want your players waking in fright at the sound of thunder. I'd love nothing better than a fifteen goal belting. I want to see your fans leaving early and I want to taunt their retreating backs. I want to see the Hobbit and his men walking off with their heads hanging and the jeers of your supporters ringing in their ears.It's a Showdown ffs!

ok Toots - just for you - I hope you ********* ****** and suck ****** **** and then ***** ******* up your *******.

:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back