Traded Tom Hickey

Remove this Banner Ad

if he can just win a few more taps in future years he should become a top-liner. his work now is solid but if he can get 30+ or close to it consistently with a stack to advantage we will have a star.

Any update on the injury for the weekend? Doc Larkins was calling it turf toe at 3/4 time, said they gave him painkillers to go back on. My SC team is relying on the big fella.

from what I saw it looked like they were strappibg the arch of his foot. if its that muscle then its painful for a couple of days but you get full use of it within a week. I've done it a couple of times.

Actually, the other thing to say here, is well done to the Club Admin, and especially I suspect Pelch and Richo, for hiring Darren Jolly. Given that Jolly has a certain, uh, prickly reputation, it would have been easy for him to be overlooked. But I think the remarkable improvement in Hickey's performance last year has to be, in part attributed to Jolly's knowledge of the current ruck playbook, and his ability to draw out the best from our rucks.

eg A Hickey to be proud of?
I like that one haha.
Any update on the injury for the weekend? Doc Larkins was calling it turf toe at 3/4 time, said they gave him painkillers to go back on. My SC team is relying on the big fella.
Nothing yet besides Gilbo posting this photo on instagram yesterday, probably will know more tomorrow.

Hick.png

Others have made the point that the prospect of a Hickey-Longer combo is pretty exciting to think about.

Hickey seems to relish the responsibility of carrying the ruck but if they were to work out a good understanding than wow - that's something to get excited about.

Tom+Hickey+AFL+Rd+2+St+Kilda+v+GWS+6fyJt7YbpCOl.jpg

2542976-motu1.jpg

That excellent photo is a good illustration IMO of one of the things that makes Hickey an exciting prospect - his reach. His long arms are ideal for ruck contests and marking. Gwilt's fist in that photo is a foot below Hickey's marking point.

I understand that Hickey and McEvoy are listed at the same height - 201 cm, but, like with Spencer White, he has superior reach due to his long limbs. Hickey's balance is also good around the ground thanks to his long limbs.

Embarrassing photo of Tom Curren above. What was he thinking with the loin cloth! ; )

Remove the thread if you think it shouldn't be a thread Mods, i was planning on adding everything i see about Hickey in here and hopefully opposition fans join in and give him a few good comments!!

Delete a thread for making a positive contribution about a discussion worthy topic?

No, I think we'd be encouraging this type of behaviour if anything. :p :thumbsu:

Some people in the lvl 3 reserved seating/gen admit were doing this exact chant on the weekend.

Awesome, I've been pushing for it for some time....I think the MW were aware of it.

So simple, but effective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be good to see how he goes against his old mentor in round 7. Cant wait!!
Hopefully will halt some of the criticism we've copped for trading out Big Boy

I'm rapt with him. For all the talk about Macca's around the ground work, Hickey isn't just doing good things in the ruck. He's getting on his bike and contributing around the ground. He's a giant with a big leap and I think his endurance and agility for a ruckmen are underrated. Still early of course but the signs are good.

Hope he can keep it up for the rest of the season. What a love about him is that he really thrives on responsibility. Set himself a goal to be number 1 ruck when McEvoy left and doesn't look like he's going to give that up any time soon. Longer will have to really fight to take his spot (if we continue with the current ruck + Stanley set up)

I remember when we picked up Roo and Kosi.
Roo didn't play for a while and we were all raving over Kosi being a gun.
Then Roo came along and WOW! 14 years later and WOW!

I hope this is how we think about Longer when he comes on too.
Except that it remains WOW! with both of them for the next 10 years!:rainbow:

McEvoy who??

The media need to stop slinging cr@p and recognize a quality rebuild in action.

they can sling all the crap they want, how many wins will it take before they shut up and take a look at the footy they are playing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back