Analysis Tom Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind that though, it is the Laidler types we should be targeting. We have enough at the top end.

You don't mind trading for spuds? Whaaaaaaaat?

We are all assuming that Mitchell will want to leave if he doesn't get a game, when last year he said he wanted to stick around and force his way into the side. I haven't read anything to the contrary so I would presume he will stay. IMO if/when an opportunity arises he will cement a place in the team. Trying to replace JPK or Parker might be difficult perhaps he should turn himself into a tagger and fight for a spot with Bird?

You don't mind trading for spuds? Whaaaaaaaat?

We are all assuming that Mitchell will want to leave if he doesn't get a game, when last year he said he wanted to stick around and force his way into the side. I haven't read anything to the contrary so I would presume he will stay. IMO if/when an opportunity arises he will cement a place in the team. Trying to replace JPK or Parker might be difficult perhaps he should turn himself into a tagger and fight for a spot with Bird?

It is those 'spuds' that got us those two premierships. We got one off Adelaide who became critical in the backbone. One could say Shaw has been good, so was Mumford, etc. Now you do have to be careful what 'spuds' you get I agree, and you don't want a team of them, but a few is a good mix.

It is those 'spuds' that got us those two premierships. We got one off Adelaide who became critical in the backbone. One could say Shaw has been good, so was Mumford, etc. Now you do have to be careful what 'spuds' you get I agree, and you don't want a team of them, but a few is a good mix.

Our best lineup is:

Spuds 0 Bloods 22

Mitchell for Gibbs. Wowee.

Now we're making a stew.

If we have decided that Parker and JPK are the insides, then add Heeney, etc....Gibbs actually is that class on the outside. I bag Bryce but he has all the skills. Just can't handle a heavy tag. Wouldn't get that at the swans where Hanners cops it.

I agree completely.

Carlton would want some pretty hand steak knives.

Lloyd Perris + Tom Mitchell.

And we'd have to take Gibbs' contract on board at which point things would get tricky.

But Gibbs would be cream in our side. Much enjoyed cream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree completely.

Carlton would want some pretty hand steak knives.

Lloyd Perris + Tom Mitchell.

And we'd have to take Gibbs' contract on board at which point things would get tricky.

But Gibbs would be cream in our side. Much enjoyed cream.

Both players are under contract next year. Works both ways. Both are under contract. He is the sort of player we should be going after. That HF mid where we lack a bit of polish, plus and we all bag him.....he is an A grade kick. We need plenty more players that can kick. I know what you are saying though!

We can't get Gibbs unless he takes a pay cut to under $340,000. Talk of Henderson is hilariously delusional.

Get him for a 1 year deal at $340,000 then re-negotiate. Honestly the AFL haven't thought this change through, said it at the time.

2h3rhht.jpg

Considering Tom Mitchell can't break into your team. What would we need to give you to satisfy a trade?

I'm guessing we'll probably downgrade our first round pick for a combination of later first round selection and players (like the previous draft), and our second round pick will most likely be tied to one of our father sons selections.

Considering Tom Mitchell can't break into your team. What would we need to give you to satisfy a trade?

I'm guessing we'll probably downgrade our first round pick for a combination of later first round selection and players (like the previous draft), and our second round pick will most likely be tied to one of our father sons selections.

At this stage it seems like Longmire doesn't want to play Mitchell but he does not want anyone else to have him either. He is like a husband who is not interested in having sex with his wife but the thought of his wife leaving him and having sex with someone else makes him very jealous.

At this stage it seems like Longmire doesn't want to play Mitchell but he does not want anyone else to have him either. He is like a husband who is not interested in having sex with his wife but the thought of his wife leaving him and having sex with someone else makes him very jealous.

Personally, I'm glad he doesn't want to have sex with Mitchell. That sort of thing just gets messy.

thrash essendon this week and you can have him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back