VFL VFL Round 2 v Port Melbourne @ ETU Stadium. Saturday April 1st 7:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that Oscar can take marks at 19 and skinny, he's gonna be a monster once he grows up, and puts on some size.
He'll be our long term #1 ruck, but he just isn't ready yet.
Maybe next year after a pre-season.. We know big boys take time, and they'll have a long term view with him.
Fly said as much in his presser. Not entirely ruling him out for this year, but making clear he has a big future & they'll take care of him.
Allan, McInnes, Ryan, Macrae, Harrison, Draper, Carmichael is an excellent pool of potential mid-forward youth.
Steene as the ruck & Begg perhaps as a trainee tall back?

Personally, I wouldn't persist as a KPD, as I think you can get blokes who've shown a heap more in that role elsewhere. I quite like him as a ruck prospect though - he's only really had one year and showed a bit of promise, despite not being ideal height.
As a ruck he is a smaller version of Grundy. He is likely only going to be a 2nd ruck so either needs to become a key back or impact up forward. This season is his chance or its goodbye.

As a ruck he is a smaller version of Grundy. He is likely only going to be a 2nd ruck so either needs to become a key back or impact up forward. This season is his chance or its goodbye.
Hate to say it but likely goodbye.
He has shown zero. In comparison Steene has given us plenty.
Begg is not particularly good at anything.
Looks slow and lumbering, doesn't take big grabs.
As always I hope I'm wrong.

I just don't think he's shown anything to suggest a future as a kpp. To me it's ruck or bust and about whether he can bulk up and maintain a leap. I don't think the game has moved past a high leaping or very strong ruck of his height yet. Mummy and Ryder are only a couple of years out of the game and it's only age that pushed them out - not a lack of height.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back