Toast WA Country Team of the last 50 years

Remove this Banner Ad

pokerspiv

Premiership Player
Jun 23, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bit of a brag here! My younger brother and 3 other players from my home club (Kukerin-Dumbleyung) were named in the WA country week team of the past 50 years.

Here's the full team:

VMlSEmd.jpg

I have the honour of having my jaw broken, (and losing 4 teeth), on the field by one of the above. Hai Max, you w***er.

Surprised that Peter Leeson, (Dalwallinu), wasn't named. Sublime footballer.

Steve Perham was a freak in the Stevie J mould, Revis Ryder could do absolutely anything and Bruce Gillingham can go and get farked!

• Banned
Pity about Steve Perham. Broke his neck on the field and was made a quadriplegic :(

• Banned
Speaking of good teams from small towns, of the 5 UGSFL players in the team, 4 of them are from Kukerin-Dumbleyung :)

I would wager that, per capita, Northampton has the greatest ratio of AFL players in all the country.

Amazing number of players from there.

I would wager that, per capita, Northampton has the greatest ratio of AFL players in all the country.
Yeah it's crazy, then you look at the how many AFL footballers are from East Fremantle in general. Interesting considering how comparatively few kids get picked up from Souths despite the Bullies constantly winning the colts flags. But yeah, if East Fremantle were in Victoria we'd never hear the end of them as a footy factory...

On this, it seems like the Goldfields are pretty underrepresented. Their league is just the GFL isn't it? The GSFL is being reamed here too – the old North Mount Barker alone churned out so many. The population area is like 35,000 and still... no appearances. Surely the league there isn't that bad?

Just soft wheat/sheep cockies who are guaranteed a crop 9 years out of 10. No heart.

The Goldfields is beholden to a transient population and one that is mainly tied to shift-work. Not a great recipe for footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back