News Weber, Rock, and Prior gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll reserve reserve judgement, it's presumptive to think that the next person is just going to get it right. If they do, then it points to Weber.

The role is at the end of the food chain. If there is a cultural problem with the playing group, e.g. we've had people spotted out on the town on the gear, folks turning up after preseason with a few pies on them, people more interested in chucking sickies so that they can go surfing down south etc. A dietitian, sports scientist, doctor etc aren't going to instil in folks a need for discipline, that's for leaders and coaches to (possibly) be able to do.

Personally, I hope that he was subpar - and the next is more professional, we therefore have a better injury toll, aside from ill luck thrown our way from the malicious footy gods.

We better hope the next person gets it right, search far and wide for the best medical guy possible to get these ******* injuries right.

I'll reserve reserve judgement, it's presumptive to think that the next person is just going to get it right. If they do, then it points to Weber.

The role is at the end of the food chain. If there is a cultural problem with the playing group, e.g. we've had people spotted out on the town on the gear, folks turning up after preseason with a few pies on them, people more interested in chucking sickies so that they can go surfing down south etc. A dietitian, sports scientist, doctor etc aren't going to instil in folks a need for discipline, that's for leaders and coaches to (possibly) be able to do.

Personally, I hope that he was subpar - and the next is more professional, we therefore have a better injury toll, aside from ill luck thrown our way from the malicious footy gods.
💯
As much as I’m glad to see him go I highly doubt all our injury issues are a direct result of just his methods.

If he’s the only one replacedand the likes of all others,physio, doctors, support staff are still there next year then we’ve simply acted only due to external noise again and reconfirmed the clubs management as unprofessional

💯
As much as I’m glad to see him go I highly doubt all our injury issues are a direct result of just his methods.

If he’s the only one replacedand the likes of all others,physio, doctors, support staff are still there next year then we’ve simply acted only due to external noise again and reconfirmed the clubs management as unprofessional

From experience the old saying “the fish rots at the head first” is a very accurate one. I think you’ll be surprised at the instant improvement.

💯

I won't be surprised if others are let go (eg Boyle and Withers) after the season. You kind of need a club doctor and physio to travel with the team whilst the team is playing. Once the season is over you have a bit of time to find replacements ahead of pre-season. Whereas with Weber's replacement you probably want them in place to provide instructions to players before the off season starts.

When respected past players like Pav and Barlow were saying it is time for change it made it pretty clear our assumptions it wasn't up to scratch were confirmed. Weber is the first domino, I'll be quite surprised if he's the only one to fall in a few months time.

This is a good time to ask, have we ended up with too many coaches ?. Do we really need that many ?, lots of voices saying essentially the same thing.

Another way of looking at it is that we have “onfield” coaches, like Sonny, Mundy, Fyfe and Conca.
I feel like it's become a mini industry where it's a pathway for retiring players. Clubs probably kept making up new roles to employ these guys cos every year there's at least one retiring player looking for a coaching opportunity...

On SM-T835 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back