Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

180 grand....that ain't bad money considering the club has other revenues. Where's all the money go???

I think casterton will make the top four and south will close the gap on north as the season goes on.
Great start in 2013 for Casterton, surely it puts a spring in everyone's step around town! As a supporter from 450k away, im rapt for em.
Keep working hard Catters!

For the second week in a row Millicent had the chance to in but fell short. Umpiring was horrible but the win was there for the taking and the Saints just couldnt get the job done.

See west welcomed 2x premiership player Nick Martin back on the weekend? What else do they have in the pipeline ? Maybe the return of J Ransom/T Holmes/L Davey? Could shake a few things up?

See west welcomed 2x premiership player Nick Martin back on the weekend? What else do they have in the pipeline ? Maybe the return of J Ransom/T Holmes/L Davey? Could shake a few things up?
YES- If you throw those 3 back in the mix at West they would definately be right up there with North come the end of the season !

YES- If you throw those 3 back in the mix at West they would definately be right up there with North come the end of the season !

It would certainly bridge the gap and make things a bit more interesting but at this stage North for me.
I did not know that J Ransom was gone from West where did he go???

I thouhht Holmes was heading overseas and ransom had lost interest in footy.

Looking like east will be wooden spooners this year perhaps even winless. Casterton and sandford wont merge. Heard this is the second time both clubs have discussed a merger and both times sandford pulled out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking like east will be wooden spooners this year perhaps even winless. Casterton and sandford wont merge. Heard this is the second time both clubs have discussed a merger and both times sandford pulled out.

I think Casterton will be the beneficiary of the other clubs merging and moving away from the western border league with players gravitating to the club from around the region who dont want to play in the Hamden league.
They took it up to South on the weekend just falling short, i dont know what happened on the day but the result was quite a surprise.
No doubt that East will finish bottom imo and unless someone shows some leadership and initiative that is where they will stay.
What reasonable players that are still there should not cop the brunt of the mindless pursuit of mediocrity at this club. It will not surprise me if the exodus of players continues!

Y
Yes a very handy surprise, though how much game time I'm not sure! My mail also tells me maybe another in a couple of weeks. Slowly putting a very competitive team together

Will be good to see if West can form a team to challenge North things are very boring here in the WBFL!

Heard that penola have been talking to their players about possibly joining next year. Apparently there is another club in the mix....has anyone heard anything???
It sounds like the sanfl want the mount district clubs to compete in the wbjfl. Could there be a junior restructure in the mid se. That wont assumanly sit well with pt mac plus add a few incentives???
Report due in July

The Tigers who won the inaugural Western Border pennant in the original high standard 12 team competition back in 1964 and the last flag of the nine team league in 2012 look set – barring injury and complacency – to snare the 50th honour in a lacklustre six team competition where the overall standard of play continues to wane.
West Gambier Football Club president, Mr David Badman aptly expressed at the half time gathering of officials when he said: “We need an even competition or the clubs will suffer at the gate.”

Comments just emerging in the local paper, cant believe how slow these clowns are this has been happening for years, re they now just starting to wake up now that the show is over. The WBFL has been decimated by incompetence for years?????????:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back