What are you listening to right now? - Part 1 (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
butcher babies were awesome, watched a bit of slash then thought might watch some of the butcher babies, thought they might be a bit gimmicky, couple of hotties fronting a b grade band playing cheap, ordinary music, but i was totally blown away by them. cracking band, great show, stayed until the end. definitely one of the best bands over the two days.
..and what a stunning body that carla harvey has, 10 out of 10, 5 stars, flawless...... and she is 38.....

their album and eps are pretty good too.

Drives a Corvette to. If she said she was a Port girl to she could have all of my money;)

After hearing that first beat, I had to go listen to this:

RZA was out-of-control between '93-96. Wu's album, all the solo projects, Gravediggaz and whatever the hell else he was into. Swear he produced too much awesome s**t in this period.

That all came to a shuddering halt with the Wu's second album. Sophomore slump they never recovered from. Though I'm pretty sure they didn't give a s**t.

Shame the original Gravediggaz line-up didn't make more albums. Prince Paul and RZA - two of the all-time rap producers - couldn't go wrong.

Best gig I've ever been to was Prince Paul's set before De La at The Enmore around 2011 (?). One hour history of hip-hop. Half the crowd, well, I'd say most, had no idea what the hell he was playing...

That all came to a shuddering halt with the Wu's second album. Sophomore slump they never recovered from. Though I'm pretty sure they didn't give a s**t.

The album may have been nowhere near as good as the first but it still gave us this......

RZA was out-of-control between '93-96. Wu's album, all the solo projects, Gravediggaz and whatever the hell else he was into. Swear he produced too much awesome s**t in this period.

Shame the original Gravediggaz line-up didn't make more albums. Prince Paul and RZA - two of the all-time rap producers - couldn't go wrong.

Best gig I've ever been to was Prince Paul's set before De La at The Enmore around 2011 (?). One hour history of hip-hop. Half the crowd, well, I'd say most, had no idea what the hell he was playing...
In those 3 years RZA probably produced more awesome tracks than some producers do in their whole career. I don't mind some of stuff since, but it definitely seems like he had spent his load by then.
Don't think he ever topped his work on GZA's Liquid Swords, one of my favourite albums.

In those 3 years RZA probably produced more awesome tracks than some producers do in their whole career. I don't mind some of stuff since, but it definitely seems like he had spent his load by then.

Definitely. Also reckon his other stuff means he's possibly/probably less focused on beats than what he once was. Like his acting and what not. Wish he'd stay in front of the camera. Coz he can't direct for s**t!

Don't think he ever topped his work on GZA's Liquid Swords, one of my favourite albums.

Awesome track! Meth just ripping s**t as always. Really like Beneath the Surface, too...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just listened to some of that Wu-Tang, that was CRAP!!

Left me thinking, cut "down the river, not across the road"

M*th3R F^CK%($ know Masta Killa be ripping up the words and be chewing out the mike in this shite, pray homage to one of the best riffs:

I.S. should play Wu_Tang to it's prisoners if they really want to be barbaric.

Last edited:
For all my metal loving PAFC fans, old Lou is about to jump in the car to head off to see the legends that are Judas Priest at their Brissy Sidewave.

Wish ya's all could be there. \m/

Wouldn't generally quote my own post but just had to on this occasion.

First, knew I'd get a like from you Zakk Wylde . You and me gotta have a beer when I get down to Adelaide in a few weeks time.

So anyway, let me just say this show. It was f*cked.

F*cked it ever had to end.

I literally can not speak. On this board I have to sheepishly admit, I've never roared and screamed that much in my life. Nup, not even at a Port game.

The only gig I've ever been to that just... just pips last nights.... Iron Maiden's Powerslave @ Thebby.

Had this half centenarian, in the pit, about 1 metre from the barrier, goin' OFF!! (I always let anyone shorter immediately around me stand in front, it's metal code, you've got to belong to it). ;)

They played up until the obligatory early end/encore, came back on, played till the also planned second encore. Came back on for a third time, played the last three songs on the set (I'll post a photo of the set list later a friend of mine scored) then played another three I think but honestly it's a bit of a blur. Twenty songs in all I think it was.

Ended with a blistering version of Painkiller. Melt the paint off the walls s**t. Also played a couple other faves of mine including Hell Bent For Leather and Beyond The Realms Of Death.

Rob Halford has lost nothing. Nothing. ******* epic. My ears will be ringing for days. My throat is killing me (note to self: get the vocal chords fit before attempting to scream along with Halford).

Breaking The Law, Livin' After Midnight and Electric Eye all had the crowd participation at eleven and even Turbo Lover, far from my favourite Priest song seemed to be pretty popular too, especially amongst the females around me.

Typically for bands like Priest and Maiden that have been smashing it out since the '70's the crowd ranged from a few under 18's to people who would have to have been near 60. Bit of a smattering of grey hair around the place.

To say it was an awesome show would still be an understatement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back