Cancelled
Veteran The Fred Medal
Oct 11, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Theres been some speculation that he will play this week, what do u guys reckon. I thought he had only started walking again a month ago so it would be a very slim chance.

what do you mean walking again. it was his shoulder that were the problem, and he has been running for at least the last month. Still give im two weeks with Port Adelaide in the SANFL.

If he is fit, would be a great inclusion obviously.
Just as obvious - not worth risking him for the cows.

Might be easier to bring Wilbur back against the cows than in the Sanfl :D

Fitness is a big issue, with so many talls in the team I wouldnt play him as we are already carrying a not fully fit james.
A game at alberton to get some match toughness as well as his awareness of what is going on around him right before bringing him back for carlton.

I think he needs exactly three weeks in the SANFL before coming back to the Power.

Macca19 said:
As long as he is fit then I dont have a problem with it.

same.

besides, who really knows how bad his shoiulders were feeling in the first place? perhaps some fat was built into the expected return date, to put some complacency into our opposition in regards to his return? we've been accused of using smoke & mirrors in the past.

cant wait to see him back. watch the crows this week give him a few off the ball hip & shoulders to test him out :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheeds said:
Then slip back into the Maggies side if they make the GF. :D
What do you mean, `if'?

Two concerns with having him back.

One is obviously whether his body is up to it yet. If he and the fitness staff think so, I have no problem on that account.

Two is do we risk another player lacking match fitness ? We saw last week with the loss of Surjan early our midfielders were stuffed at the end. If we are willing to take a chance that THIS week we won't cop an injury to a small during the match, then with Francou, James and Ebert that one match closer to full fitness (ignoring Primus here as not a small) go for it.

Wilbur would look great in the prison bars for a few weeks. Let him work his way into match fitness via the SANFL. We can't afford yet another player to be doing so via the AFL. Last I heard the weather for Sunday was looking pretty warm-will we run out of legs yet again??

portentous said:
Wilbur would look great in the prison bars for a few weeks. Let him work his way into match fitness via the SANFL. We can't afford yet another player to be doing so via the AFL. Last I heard the weather for Sunday was looking pretty warm-will we run out of legs yet again??

yes that could be the case give him a run for Jack for next 3 weeks :D

I will leave it up to the experts, I dont think they will do anything to risk Wilbur and will make the correct decision.......I'd love to see him back out there, the sooner the better. And hell, we all know now that Wilbur was not 100% at anytime during 2004 and look what he did!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back