When was the FFC monogram blue?

Remove this Banner Ad

Easy-E

Debutant
Jan 30, 2001
Brisbane, Qld, Aust
Just got the newsletter the other day (thanks Bill) and in it was the order form for the old jumpers with a choice of a white or a blue FFC monogram . Apologies for my ignorance - I didn't know we even had a blue one - but when was that?

I'm pretty sure it was during the '40's and '50's (although, perhaps not for all of those decades).

"The Baron" Allan Ruthven did it proud.

WHEN WAS THE MONOGRAM BLUE

HAVE A CLOSE LOOK AT THE 1944 PREMIERSHIP TEAM PHOTO.
THE FFC MONOGRAM WASN'T WHITE, IT WASN'T GOLD, IT WAS BLUE.
THE FFC MONOGRAM FIRST APPEARED IN THE LATE 30'S (1938?) IN BLUE. WITH THE ADVENT OF TELEVISION IT WAS REALIZED THAT YOU COULDN'T SEE IT ON THE SCREEN, SO WE WENT TO WHITE. IN 1975 WITH COLOUR TV WE WENT TO GOLD. SO THERE YOU HAVE IT, THE MONOGRAM CHANGED FROM BLUE TO WHITE TO GOLD ALL BECAUSE OF TV!
THE JUMPERS LOOK TERRIFIC. I GOT ONE. NO.5 MY BOYHOOD HERO.
ONGA

I am pretty sure they changed to white monograms in 1955 or 56.

All of the stuff i have from about 1957 until 1974 has them with a white monogram, and all of the stuff I have from about 1952 to about 1936 has a blue monogram.

Our best jumpers were the ones we wore in 1974. Dark maroon, a darker shae of blue and the gold monogram.

Very similar to the colours worn by Brisbane at present.

Originally posted by rabs68
Our best jumpers were the ones we wore in 1974. Dark maroon, a darker shae of blue and the gold monogram.

One of these jumpers is currently on display in the window of The Bargain Stop, in High St, Ashburton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back