who will emerge in season 2006?

Remove this Banner Ad

last year we saw the emergence of simmo carrots and to a lesser extent AB and them becoming important members of our team. year before that it was waite and fisher

so who will it be in season 2006? i reckon ab will develop further, with the obvious choice of murphy (or the number 1 pick if it isnt him), russell, and hartlett will all step up and make an impact to the senior team.

thoughts??

I'm more optimistic of Walker emerging than Russell.

I reckon Bryan might be interesting to watch as well. He has plenty of talent, but just needs more gym and fitness training.

Don't think Russell will have a huge impact in 2006.
Would like Walker to stamp himself on the game and if Ohalphin can play about 10-12 games it would be a great step.

Now there is a bit of pressure for Walks to step up. This year he should prove to everyone why he was picked no.2 in the draft.

I think Livo has a bit of upside if he stays injury free. Admittedly he has been disappointing so far and he's easy to bag, but now he's getting big enough to play as a pure stopper and he showed a few glimpses last year of being able to keep his head in tight situations. Just needs to string some games and confidence together. He's also on a 1 year contract, so his motiviation levels will be very high.

Also hope Justin Davies bulks up a bit and gets some more time in the ones.

You'd also hope Waite develops into a real A-grader rather than a very good player.

Jeremias said:
last year we saw the emergence of simmo carrots and to a lesser extent AB and them becoming important members of our team. year before that it was waite and fisher

so who will it be in season 2006? i reckon ab will develop further, with the obvious choice of murphy (or the number 1 pick if it isnt him), russell, and hartlett will all step up and make an impact to the senior team.

thoughts??

As I have been defending Walker for some time, i still think he needs more time to develop. Having said that though, now that Campo has left the club, i believe the spot left by him is one that Walker can well and truly fill. Of the orthers, would like to see Waite get some consistency into his game.

Bentick, still not sold on him, although i believe that he can be that attacking tagger type in our team - ala Ling/Kirk.

Look for players like Hartlett, Russell, Raso, O'Hailpin and Murphy either late next year or 2007.

time for walker step up maybe even simpson he started to shine near the end of the season.......for the best thing would be if Setanta had an impact in 2006!

TheBlueblood said:
Waite to smash the league or at least realise hes a gun and play like it week in week out :D
most people think that this will happen i hope so!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Koutou43 said:
A fully fit Thornton to become the best CHB in the league

By the end of 2004, he looked like really establishing himself as one the the premier young backman in the AFL. Injuries and poor form really ruined 2005 for him. Let's hope he can have a big preseason and keep putting on some muscle to keep on furthering his development.

Hopefully Fev can RE-emerge and kick 70 plus goals

Full seasons from Waite and Fisher with say 40 plus each

Betts at all the above feet kicking 30 plus

as stated Thornton at CHB with Carazzo next to him running off half back

Simpson & Walker adding real pace to the midfield, with Bentick doing the hard in and under

Full season from French in the ruck

Murphy doing a Judd

The mad Irishman adding some character either forward or back

I think I can feel a premiership coming on :D

We will only see the best of Walks after Kouta has gone. Until this happens Walks will see very little of the midfield. He is a similar build to a young Kouta and should ultimately end up playing a similar style of game. You will not see both Kouta and Walks playing in the midfield at the same time and given that Kouta played every minute of every game this season, a repeat performance next year will limit Walks' impact. Let's not put too much pressure on him, he is still only 19, having been the youngest player taken in the '03 draft. This guy has superstar written all over him. Let's not forget it took Kouta several seasons to emerge as the champion that he is.

Jeremias said:

thoughts??
Great to see Russell and Hartlett playing so well for Bullants

I would have to say AB will relly stamp himself as a ball winner in the packs this year and develop into our next Ratten/Diesel.

Walker is already showing increased maturity in the back line and should move onto the wing at some stage this year.

Hartlett will really stand up in defence this year and become a mainstay when injury free a real talent.

Fish is in for a huge year if he gets his hammy right sooner rather than later and Waite should develop some consistency.

But the man that will stamp himself as the next Captain of the club and reeturn to superstar status where he belongs will be Lance Whitnall set for a huge year with his fitness back to 2000 level and he has found his spot as the General of the Defence.:thumbsu:

The new Mosquito fleet to really stand up and show what they can do.:thumbsu:

bee dee said:
Great to see Russell and Hartlett playing so well for Bullants
Yeah, like all of your calls come to fruition.

Here's a tip bee dee. This is the Carlton board and team board rules apply. If you are going to bump threads from months ago simply to fire a shot at a Carlton supporter on his own board, then you needn't bother coming here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back