Who wins the 2024 Rising Star? 💫

Rising Star Award 2024

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think early prospects from 2022 draft Wardlaw and Elijah Tsatas will both be a good chance. Both will have good job security and get to midfield opportunity.

I think Harley's best chance of winning it is if he is played at half back. If he is more half forward with some mid time, I feel as though his stats won't be as big and therefore hard to compete with some of the others.

Agree with the thoughts so far. I think Harley might go for sub 20 possessions in his first year, but if impactful / high damage with those possessions and also rests forward / kicks goals will be a chance.

Also tend to agree that he may be an even greater chance for this particular award as a more high possession half back but I do hope he plays mid/fwd primarily

McKercher seems like he'll have the best opportunity to excel. Cushy half back role, a bit of stat padding compared to the rest of his cohort. I thought Sanders was the other one who had a good chance but apparently he might be playing forward.

Reid and Wardlaw will probably be the most impressive without either winning.

I don't think it'll be Harley. His most damaging footy is in the forward half and we're about as bad as it gets in sending the ball into our front half.

Have said before and will say here again that I'd be quite comfortable having him spend a lot of the year in the back half, getting his hands on the ball, picking up the tempo of the game, staying involved in the play. It's not the long term vision but it feels like the best apprenticeship he could do given how s**t our midfield is.

Cadman a chance if he gets regular games?

Colby will play a sheezel lite role this year expect him to consistently rack up the ball this year.

Reid will show flashes of brilliance like a better version of Hewett imo but I’d be surprised if he averages over 20 touches a game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid is gonna s**t this is… the hype will reignite once the season starts..
I think the opposite happens. Reid looks good but McKercher looks better out of the gate. Clickbait media start producing articles about how the Eagles got it wrong and McKercher is the true second coming of Christ. Of course, in three years' time, the roles reverse and Harley is fending blokes off on his way to a massive contract.

I think it may be low possession, obvious talent shining through in patches for Harley in his first year. He is however massively driven and wants to impact straight away. Also wouldn’t be surprised if he steps up to the level quicker than we think. Looked very decent in the VFL he played last year

I dont think Harley will win it - when we factor in his inevitable long-term foot injury he will have, he wont play enough games

I think it may be low possession, obvious talent shining through in patches for Harley in his first year. He is however massively driven and wants to impact straight away. Also wouldn’t be surprised if he steps up to the level quicker than we think. Looked very decent in the VFL he played last year
Yeah agree I think he will have a lot of highlights like nicnat in his first year or two until he builds his tank over a couple of pre seasons

Clay hall plays important role and I have huge expectations. I need him to show he can take over sheed/gaff postion wise.

It will really release the valve on the other young midfielder and their expectations

Predicted Sanders pre-draft, but it will depend on if he plays enough games in the Bulldogs midfield (as he's not really multi-positional).

Pros: Bailey Smith injury opens a spot
Cons: James Harmes will also have his eye on that spot after moving there

Back