Opinion Chad Wingard

Remove this Banner Ad

I posted this exactly the same thing as the OP in the draft and trading thread and was howled down also.

On moto g62 5G using BigFooty.com mobile app

This year (2023) yes. Next year (2024) no, as of a few weeks ago. The year after (2025), who knows?

“When” and “if” doing a lot of work here “when” and “if” the timeframe is fuzzy or confused by sentiment.

^^^ That in itself isn’t “howling down” or “Wingard hate”. There IS some of that, not from me I believe, but there’s plenty being thrown back as unfair accusation against those like me simply calling out risk in trading for an ageing star betting on their recovery and return to “enough” sparkling form for 2025, not even 2024.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Since Orazio didn't accept our contract, there is a position open for late-20s injured small forward won't actually play. A key pillar of our list.
As long as when they are fit we have an undersized SANFL level midfield trier to keep them out of the team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We would have snagged a premiership if that deal wasn't done.
Yup, Chad is the kind of player that could have absolutely lit up a prelim or GF.

There was some smooth brain on here that said without trading Wingard and getting pick 35 from Hawthorn there is no way we could have made the trade up from pick 6 to pick 5 for Rozee work.

Wingard could come back and teach the other players about professional standards like not being in a boys club with the coach and that big games require mental preparation and not "well someone has to lose" mentality.

Why would they give him a contract in September (after the injury) only to delist him in November?
I know they've committed to redrafting him but what's the point of it?

I think I read somewhere the other day that if another team nabs him as a DFA that team would have to pay him his remaining Hawthorn money as well as what (albeit minimal) contract they would offer him, so maybe it was a tactic to discourage other suitors, especially as he'll be on the sidelines most of 2024.

Why would they give him a contract in September (after the injury) only to delist him in November?
I know they've committed to redrafting him but what's the point of it?
Honestly they have done it because it was probably the right thing to do optics wise. I dont think its because they want him. Very likely delisted at end of 2024.

Lol I forgot about Wingard. Genuinely did. High hopes I had for this boy. He didnt have the same high hopes as me.
Not worthy of tying Butters and Rozees boots up. Biggest disappointment Ive ever come across. Hes not even worthy for playing for a crap Hawthorn team. Passenger
It’s a shame because he had talent to burn. Gave us some of the best football moments ever in that first couple of seasons.

Wingard could come back and teach the other players about professional standards like not being in a boys club with the coach and that big games require mental preparation and not "well someone has to lose" mentality.
Maybe he should of taught that to the Hawks...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back