Cars & Transportation Worst Intersections.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm undecided which Essendon junction is worse- Fletcher Street or Lincoln Road. I'm thinking Lincoln by a nose, but it's a close run thing. They're both terrible.
fletcher for me
dont think i attempted it till i was about 1.5 years into my p's. airport bound its fine but city bound there is literally cars going everywhere

fletcher for me
dont think i attempted it till i was about 1.5 years into my p's. airport bound its fine but city bound there is literally cars going everywhere
Right turn from Fletcher into Napier is truck loads of fun!

Dinah Parade solves the problem.
Sometimes. Like all shortcuts though, you're never the only one that knows them and sometimes they're barely much better than the main route because a sizable minority have the same idea.

I'm undecided which Essendon junction is worse- Fletcher Street or Lincoln Road. I'm thinking Lincoln by a nose, but it's a close run thing. They're both terrible.

Problem is the roads/streets are in Essendon. That automatically makes them worse.......;) :cool:

I'll see myself out.

Have to say one of the better things govt has done in recent times is put lights at that roundabout in the city near the hospitals. Before that it was just utter mayhem

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to say one of the better things govt has done in recent times is put lights at that roundabout in the city near the hospitals. Before that it was just utter mayhem
In the days before the lights (early 2007, this was), I was with some friends at one of the hotels in the streets behind that intersection (which one I'm not sure, I'd had too many!) during Melbourne Uni's prosh week.

It's fair to say this pub was chock full and so were several others in the area. At one point a massive group of 18-21 year olds, including myself, converged on the roundabout and proceeded to form a huge conga line and just cross this roundabout in one go, all the while chanting "You don't win friends with salad!"

In retrospect I'm amazed a tram or truck didn't mow us all down.

In the days before the lights (early 2007, this was), I was with some friends at one of the hotels in the streets behind that intersection (which one I'm not sure, I'd had too many!) during Melbourne Uni's prosh week.
It's fair to say this pub was chock full and so were several others in the area. At one point a massive group of 18-21 year olds, including myself, converged on the roundabout and proceeded to form a huge conga line and just cross this roundabout in one go, all the while chanting "You don't win friends with salad!"
In retrospect I'm amazed a tram or truck didn't mow us all down.

Beer slows time down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back