Food, Drink & Dining Out Worst meal you've prepared/Worst food or meal you've eaten?

Remove this Banner Ad

I just prepared the worst lunch/snack I've ever eaten. I'm ashamed but due to cost of living I ate it anyway.

Ryvita multigrain Rye crispbread. On top was a can of tuna in springwater mixed in was mayo, pepper and salt. I thought I could create the Subway tuna. The flavours combined made me throw up shortly after consumption.
My takeaway is Ryvita sucks, Rye is gross and I might stay away from tuna for awhile.

What have you made that was a complete disaster? Did you eat it anyway or serve it to the family? Or did you order something from a Shop and throw it in the bin?

Last edited:
One of my mates says a regular meal his housemate used to make was cooking dim sims on the BBQ then putting them between bread to have a dim sim sandwich. And thats it. No cheese, no sauce, nothing.
Sounds very dry!

Not a "meal" as such, but when I went to Africa I thought I was going to have to suck up eating some meat - probably fish - because I didn't think places like Zimbabwe were going to be very vegan friendly, and aside from that I'm very aware of the privilege I have to be vegan in places like Africa.

So I turned up on day 1 in Zimbabwe, attended an afternoon tea that they put on at the resort-type thing I stayed at in Victoria Falls, ate a single prawn, and vomited worse than I ever had in my life up to that point.

I had to go back to just eating fruit and vegetables, although in Zimbabwe was more manageable than I thought it would be. It was the places off the beaten track on the way to Durban or Kruger, or on the outskirts of Cape Town that were really difficult.

Hungry Jacks burger I just got.

Cold. Stale Bread. Too much sauce. Unevenly spread. *en thieving campaigners.

The worst restaurant meal would have been a place down Williamstown way- it was basically a plate of spaghetti with tomato sauce. I would have preferred to eat my own vomit if I'm honest.

Another one comes to mind in Apollo Bay, but not the quality at all but the quantity. In terms of seafood in the spaghetti marinara, a grand total of about 4 bits of seafood. Complete rip off.

The only food I've ever binned and went out and got take away was one of those pork knuckles already pre cooked in those boxes. Heat it up for 30 or so mins then consume. Either I ****ed it up and or I hate pork knuckle. Think it was the latter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only food I've ever binned and went out and got take away was one of those pork knuckles already pre cooked in those boxes. Heat it up for 30 or so mins then consume. Either I ****ed it up and or I hate pork knuckle. Think it was the latter.
I made one of those from ALDI about 6 months ago, first and only time they've stocked it.
Was absolutely amazing, I should of purchased a dozen and froze them.

Yesterday I made a smoothie and it was terrible. I think the contrasting flavours of the yogurt I used with Strawberries, Raspberries and coconut milk didn't match well at all.
Doesn't sound like it would be bad. Sounds like it could have been the watery coconut milk. Normal milk would have mixed better maybe?

While at uni I lived with a mate whose mum would send down from the country all sorts of preserves, home made tomato sauces etc.

I made a pasta sauce and opened a jar of tomato sauce and poured it in only to realise as I was pouring that it was stewed plums or something (it was a red(ish) stewed fruit). I added a tin of tomatoes as well then went overboard on pepper and salt to try and hide the stewed fruit.

Mission failure. It was ******* disgusting.

i remember having to get mickey dees at a service centre, stopped at next service centre to sheeit it out
I cant do Dominos anymore.
If I eat it, I'm running to the toilet within 1 hour, and probably 3 times in the first 4 hours.

First time I just thought, okay, something off.

2 more times since, refuse to ever again.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back