Wrong place, wrong time

Remove this Banner Ad

rabs68

Team Captain
Aug 31, 2001
Sydney
Other Teams
Fitzroy
I know it has been years since it happened, but I can't help but wonder what would have happened if we weren't as broke as we were in the early 90's.

I was just reading an article on The Age website that stated that all Victorian clubs will now survive.

Pity the AFL didn't give this commitment a few years ago.

I really believe that the power Melb clubs have had a change of heart, since our demise. They actually want to keep the lesser clubs alive, as they will never be able to compete with the stronger in many areas. Keep the weaker alive, therefore we will never become the weakest, eg. the great fear of the Fitzroy & Nth merger.

I think the success of the Brisbane Lions has actually scared these strong clubs and they will endeavour never to let this occur again.

As stated wrong place, wrong time.

Originally posted by Bobby Beecroft
I really believe that the power Melb clubs have had a change of heart, since our demise. They actually want to keep the lesser clubs alive, as they will never be able to compete with the stronger in many areas. Keep the weaker alive, therefore we will never become the weakest, eg. the great fear of the Fitzroy & Nth merger.

Sortah like how Darth Vader might have been better off had he not run his sabre through Obi-Wan?

So Eloquent & Visionary, Mobbenfuhrer.

We = Obi-Wan & all of the pure goodness of the Universe

They = & they know who they are = Darth Vader & the Sinners of this World for who as Fat Pizza said we died for.

The Sabre = Mr R Oakley!!!!, The 'tool' of evil.

Originally posted by Mobbenfuhrer
For God so loved the game that he gave his only begotten Roys so that whosoever believith in them should not perish but have everlasting life.

Does this mean we'll be resurrected and then ascend to Heaven?

Heaven = A 'Fitzroy' AFL premiership.

Hell (pardon the pun), I'd settle for a VFL (VFA) premiership! At least we've done that before.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back