Remove this Banner Ad

Couch Potato

Senior List
Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2011 Player Sponsor
Jun 28, 2007
Kew
AFL Club
Essendon
This game was an absolute ripper last year with Kennedy and Smith leading a massive upset over the more fancied Grammar brigade who had Ellis and Tomahawk running around for them.

This time its on the windy Todd Road oval - but conditions look to be reasonable. If it is dry and still, Xavier's marking forwards will run riot. They have found it hard to lock down speedy midfielders though like Martin, Scully (HC) and Sundberg (CGS).

If MGS are going to have a chance, their star pair Shaw and McLardle need to stamp their authority on the game early.

I can't see how Xavier's spine can be held though - most of their guns are Yr 11s and they all seem to be going to the next level - a final series would surely have them and Caulfield neck and neck.

Wynne is getting back into some good form after his good performances against Skevs and GGS. Kennedy is showing signs that he has what it takes to join joey at the Hawks. Noonan is hands down the in form defender (with Chivers). Lees (WA) is moving into the upper echelon of the comps midfield. Sibosado (the other twin) is starting to show scary signs that he may just be the next big thing. Hannebery is just about ready to explode on the scene, with a few tidy performances.

My tip is that the game will be close until half-time and then Xavier will have a burst where one of their tall forwards loads up - Smith, Santilli, Kennedy, Wynne or Sibosado.

My tip - Xavier by 35 points

Apparently there are two clubs considering him for an AIS based apprentiship. He has huge potential. Could have gone to Clontarf, but academically doing well at Xavier so worth the travel from Broome.

christopher smith will tear u guys apart he will get 50 touches and bag 7 he is amazing saw him play scotch killed it great knowledge of the game

This game was an absolute ripper last year with Kennedy and Smith leading a massive upset over the more fancied Grammar brigade who had Ellis and Tomahawk running around for them.

This time its on the windy Todd Road oval - but conditions look to be reasonable. If it is dry and still, Xavier's marking forwards will run riot. They have found it hard to lock down speedy midfielders though like Martin, Scully (HC) and Sundberg (CGS).

If MGS are going to have a chance, their star pair Shaw and McLardle need to stamp their authority on the game early.

I can't see how Xavier's spine can be held though - most of their guns are Yr 11s and they all seem to be going to the next level - a final series would surely have them and Caulfield neck and neck.

Wynne is getting back into some good form after his good performances against Skevs and GGS. Kennedy is showing signs that he has what it takes to join joey at the Hawks. Noonan is hands down the in form defender (with Chivers). Lees (WA) is moving into the upper echelon of the comps midfield. Sibosado (the other twin) is starting to show scary signs that he may just be the next big thing. Hannebery is just about ready to explode on the scene, with a few tidy performances.

My tip is that the game will be close until half-time and then Xavier will have a burst where one of their tall forwards loads up - Smith, Santilli, Kennedy, Wynne or Sibosado.

My tip - Xavier by 35 points

any other xavs to make AFL? all of the squad perhaps.. get a grip mate. they are top players dont get me wrong.. but to make afl, you have to be something else.. 2 tops to go near the draft.

any other xavs to make AFL? all of the squad perhaps.. get a grip mate. they are top players dont get me wrong.. but to make afl, you have to be something else.. 2 tops to go near the draft.

I heard tarants brother playes for xavs? true?
Also what position does smith play, sounds like he dominates

I will put a grand on a few of the Yr 11s getting drafted next year.

Noonan, Kennedy, Lees.
Nobody will get close to Xavier next year.
Most of the team is Yr 11 this year and they are a game off top spot.

So back in your box buddy.

As much as i love the Xavs and know they are the best team in the comp... In reality no one has a chance of getting drafted other than sanfillipo who has unfortunately had an injury plagued season. Sibasado is capable of some amazing things, but doesn't have the determination required at the elite level, tho if he gets it he will be a nut. Lees is a nut, but we will see next year. Basically only Sanfillipo looks like a chance at the moment and Haneberry if he continues to improve.

As much as i love the Xavs and know they are the best team in the comp... In reality no one has a chance of getting drafted other than sanfillipo who has unfortunately had an injury plagued season. Sibasado is capable of some amazing things, but doesn't have the determination required at the elite level, tho if he gets it he will be a nut. Lees is a nut, but we will see next year. Basically only Sanfillipo looks like a chance at the moment and Haneberry if he continues to improve.

wat about ryan and armstrong?

Yeah well they are young year 12's and clearly haven't matured yet. Damo also suffered an injury plagued season, only on Tuesday Armstrong broke his collar bone with a stiff arm at training! I assume they will play old xavs next year, and i'd bet my new born baby that they will get picked up or at least get asked to train with an AFL club. Both hero's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back