Remove this Banner Ad

Couch Potato

Senior List
Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2011 Player Sponsor
Jun 28, 2007
Kew
AFL Club
Essendon
Final round - this shapes as an intriguing encounter.

Wesley opting for their smaller Prahran ground to try and counter Xavier's great running game.

Key matchups to watch this week?

Croft v Noonan - Two of the titans going head to head. Both would have to be leading their sides B&F and will likely line up at CHF and CHB respectively for the APS team - super clash.

Chaplin-Birch & Smith - The two FF's have banged through more than 60 goals between them in the APS and only trail Tilly Yaman for the Dan Rush (57 APS goals in 2003) APS goal kicking title. Whoever gets the bigger bag will have put their side in with a big chance.

Sands v Sanfillipo - Battle of the Sans. Two key paymakers that will gather plenty of possessions. Both can be electric yet undisciplined - both are vital to their team's success.

Corp v Lees - Both have had impressive seasons and will likely be near each other on the day. Corp has slotted regular goals, Lees carries the ball with the best of em (aka Scully, Curnow, Sargent)

Wesley have a distinct advantage in size. They are honest and have the home ground and fresh after a week off.

Xavier have a star studded line up, they are the fastest team in the comp and are averaging more than 100 points per game this season.

Look for young guns Hannebery, Sibosado, Thomas and O'Sullivan to carve up around the ground and provide too many headaches for the Wesley heirachy.

My tip.... Xavier by 20 points in a tense encounter!

I heard sands is playing and has not been since like 3rd round due to injury?
Croft will be playing this game and has only played probably 2 or 3 games which isnt enough to get b&f for wesley, and corp is to slow and big for lees who will rip him up if that was the match up.

Key Match Ups:

Carr v Sanfillipo - both rack up alot of possessions every game consistently, but snafillipo might have the best of him due to carr being younger and not as experienced

Johnson v Wyyne - CHF v CHB this will be a good match up but dont no much about either player

Sadakis v lees - both fast players, have shots at goals and yes couch potato they do carry the ball very well

Croft v Noonan - both quality players for both teams but croft will have the best of him, croft played vic metro and is a quality player

other players to watch:
Smith (FF)
Apted (FP)
Kennedy (?)

My result: Will be close all day due to home ground advantage for wesley with Wesley winning in a thriller. 3 points

I heard sands is playing and has not been since like 3rd round due to injury?
Croft will be playing this game and has only played probably 2 or 3 games which isnt enough to get b&f for wesley, and corp is to slow and big for lees who will rip him up if that was the match up.

Key Match Ups:

Carr v Sanfillipo - both rack up alot of possessions every game consistently, but snafillipo might have the best of him due to carr being younger and not as experienced

Johnson v Wyyne - CHF v CHB this will be a good match up but dont no much about either player

Sadakis v lees - both fast players, have shots at goals and yes couch potato they do carry the ball very well

Croft v Noonan - both quality players for both teams but croft will have the best of him, croft played vic metro and is a quality player

other players to watch:
Smith (FF)
Apted (FP)
Kennedy (?)

My result: Will be close all day due to home ground advantage for wesley with Wesley winning in a thriller. 3 points

WHat a joke. It's going to be an absolute whitewash in Xaviers favour. They will win by 70 points im guessing. 70. I'll return here to compare this with the real tally.

Who the heck is Apted?

Do you mean Shiel, Hannebery, Ryan, Hanger?
They are the only XC forward pockets I know.

WHat a joke. It's going to be an absolute whitewash in Xaviers favour. They will win by 70 points im guessing. 70. I'll return here to compare this with the real tally.

oh dear. Your mob werent up to the task although I dont expect to see you on this board

haha yet again.. mate your a joke..you are making up the same old excuses! xavs lost deal with it, you cant just blame it on there wantingness to get pissed and the umpires... because the were pretty consistant throughout the whole day.
get over it mate

Xavier had more free kicks than wesley throughout the game and the real reason wesley won was because xavier were intimidated by wesley's physical presence and attack on the ball hence why wesley was up by 50pts at one stage. xavier just cant handle a loss to a seemingly second rate team.
sanfillipo is no good number 40 had his measure all day

Xavier had more free kicks than wesley throughout the game and the real reason wesley won was because xavier were intimidated by wesley's physical presence and attack on the ball hence why wesley was up by 50pts at one stage. xavier just cant handle a loss to a seemingly second rate team.
sanfillipo is no good number 40 had his measure all day

Turn it up. Where did Wesley finish? ohh thats right. Xavs actually had no reason to win really, seeing as they were guaranteed number 2 spot. As for the physical presence. Not so much presence as thugs trying to be tough (but failing miserably). Xavier always get snipped but they are known as a tough team so it never has any affect. Xavs just didnt want it and didnt bring their a game... which we all know if they played their best they would of absolutely smashed the s**t out of Wesley. Sanfillipo is concentrating on his TAC cup games now. Number 40 is a dog and stepped on his toes and hit him at every opportunity. Its sad that he felt that necessary/ Have Wesley won a premiership in the last 50 years? Lastly they are second rate, not seemingly second rate... and i fail to see how you knew the Xavier players were intimidated? Could u feel it from the boundary? Spider sense tingling?

haha yet again.. mate your a joke..you are making up the same old excuses! xavs lost deal with it, you cant just blame it on there wantingness to get pissed and the umpires... because the were pretty consistant throughout the whole day.
get over it mate

Ur life is clearly a joke getting aggravated over posts on the internet. Don't worry mate, Wesley will get their time in the lime light... some time this century.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha. Xavier. You are a disgrace

mm i dont see how they r a disgrace, they finished second this year, and have probably won 5 times the amount of premierships as welsey.
I dont think there would be anyone that would say this wasn't an upset, but full credit to wesley for the win, who were by far the better team on the day.
Peace out cya next year clowns

Well done Wesley, really good win.

Small ground suited your game - didn't have the space to bring our runners into the game. You handled the high winds better than us.

Still - you're timekeeper ended two quarters early and the umps, well yes nice try. Free kicks 28 to 15 in Wesley favor. Stats don't lie.

Mate, even my gran knows that free kick counts mean jack all in terms of umpiring. Wesley were hard at it and first in the for the ball, and so the freekicks came.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back