Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
Are year 9's allowed to play Firsts? I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to, and I'm not sure why this is the case. :confused:

really? because I was certain Luke Ball didn't make the firsts until year 10 (just as an example). He would have been good enough to make firsts in Prep!

Sylvia Saint said:
really? because I was certain Luke Ball didn't make the firsts until year 10 (just as an example). He would have been good enough to make firsts in Prep!
The fact is year 9s are just small and fragile for 1st footy that's why they don't get a game, they are also not up there mentally and they don't have the experience.

Fair enough I guess. But you'd think that freaks like Ball and Judd would be playing firsts as early as possible.

Sylvia Saint said:
Fair enough I guess. But you'd think that freaks like Ball and Judd would be playing firsts as early as possible.
I doubt they were good enough at that stage or big enough. I saw bally play in the 1's when he was in year 10, was a good player didn't become great at that level till year 11. However he probably would have dominated in year 9 he would have been squashed like a bug if he played 1st, so to with judd.

Judd played 1sts in year 9 at caulfied and did some damage im led to believe. ball was going to play 1's in year 9 with his big brother, but his mum didnt want him to because he thought he'd be smashed good and proper

I am lead to believe Judd played CHF in year 9 as was the depleted state of Caulfield football and was a targeted player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back