2nds Northern Blues 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

the idiots should have scheduled this game as a curtain raiser

Don't be ridiculous - that would be the AFL actually giving people value for money !!!

Totally agree. In a lost season for both clubs how good would it have been for both clubs to promote the days as 'old style football' and encourage everyone to get along an watch the 'ressies' and let the kids have a kick on the ground after the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any attraction there? I know you'll soon need someone new to take the place of "your man Dick"
I'm confident for "my man" to hang on. Think a few defenders will be gone before he goes, too. We sponsor Matt as he's a local boy to my business, if he's not listed I suspect the sponsorship money will cease as well. Wait & see I spose.

of0T6Ai.png

iEz1jGh.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? Just a so-so VFL defender.
Essendon have been grooming the kid for a couple of years. I'm no betting man but I'd put DVB's house on it that the Dons will select him with the first pick in the rookie draft so he can play with the anointed one, Dyson.

Byrne will be out most of the year and with us delisting Dick, Graham, Whiley, Rainbow, Tutt and possibly Sheehan bringing in a ready made 21yo who can accumulate 28 possessions in the VFL sounds like a plan.

Draft him in with a fifth rounder, play him 10 games then upgrade a fourth for a third rounder in 12 months time when Dyson comes a-knocking. Astute, no?

Herald Sun puff piece

Found this blog about the "behind the scenes" training our guys endure. Pretty good stuff from strength coach Sean Potter
https://medium.com/@InsiderTrainApp...ralian-rules-football-ef3626f8b19f#.2lixuaf2n
Have the NB considered a partnership with a local university or college's physio and sports sci programs to formulate a management database where these pre-season and in-season measures can be used to individually tailor recovery and training?

I assume it would reduce the day-to-day strain in terms of making assessments and players making self-assessment with a lack of knowledge. Even something as simple as clicking a simple bodymap for sore spots and inputting training results would probably do wonders. It's a step down from what the top clubs (and elite sporting facilities) use, but it's something.

Could easily work it into a first, second and third year program for coursework.

Essendon have been grooming the kid for a couple of years. I'm no betting man but I'd put DVB's house on it that the Dons will select him with the first pick in the rookie draft so he can play with the anointed one, Dyson.

Byrne will be out most of the year and with us delisting Dick, Graham, Whiley, Rainbow, Tutt and possibly Sheehan bringing in a ready made 21yo who can accumulate 28 possessions in the VFL sounds like a plan.

Draft him in with a fifth rounder, play him 10 games then upgrade a fourth for a third rounder in 12 months time when Dyson comes a-knocking. Astute, no?

Herald Sun puff piece
I don't think he's that good man, and they've been 'grooming' him for 3 years. Would have drafted him last year if he was all that.

Bombers don't have a development league team so I imagine he'd chase cash if he wasn't going to get games for a stretch.

Agreed but a consequence of banning his brother is that their depth have been playing AFL - giving him the opportunity he needed.

Maybe I'm wrong but the Bombers have a history of recruiting mature players such as Hartley and Brown.

Agreed but a consequence of banning his brother is that their depth have been playing AFL - giving him the opportunity he needed.

Maybe I'm wrong but the Bombers have a history of recruiting mature players such as Hartley and Brown.
They picked up at least 3 last year, plus the top ups, but keep in mind they were only down 2 players in the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back