Nilma Darnum V Cora Lynn Sat 12-9-2009 at Cora Lynn

Remove this Banner Ad

What is everybody's take on selection for the big match? This is what I think.

Cora Lynn
McKewan out for Dowsett or Nicholls??? Hora will ruck 80-100% of the match so need a second ruckman with a bit more versatility. Dowsett or Nicholls offer this. The other option would be to play just the one ruck and have the second ruck from someone already in the team such as Crespin. This allows Cora Lynn to play an extra runner. I like this option.

Ryan Davey in for ??? - He should be right to go this week. Shouldn't be lacking any fitness as he has been out with a broken hand. Should be able to come back and dominate like usual. Who misses for him though. Can't see anyone from last week who deserves to go so think Toner may go for a straight swap with McKewan.

Ryan Donaldson??? - The big selection decision, to play or not to play? Everyone knows he is a gun who at is best can beat teams in a quarter. But he isn't at full fitness. Last year Sheen was able to play further up the ground but he doesn't look to have that in him this year. The forward line operated well on the weekend with Saunders, Giulliano and Duiker at times offering pace down there. As good a player as he is I think he misses.

Dave Collins??? - Is he qualified? Casey got knocked out yesterday so if he can play that will be a huge addition which may swing the ledger in Cora Lynn's favour. Unsure who would be the unlucky one to miss. Maybe Christopher?

Conclusion (if Collins not qualified)
Out: McKewan
In: R.Davey

Nilma Darnum
Not too sure about Nilma Darnum's selection dilemmas. I know Toporowski missed the Semi Final. Not too sure what the injury was. Will he come out for the Grand Final? Is he even in Nilma's best 21? If so who misses for him? They will be the questions for the Nilma coach to ponder.

Does Hoskin play again after playing all season for the reserves then getting the call-up for the Semi? Will the coach keep the faith in him to do the job again or will he be a straight swap for Toporowski?

Forecast for Saturday

Sunny. Winds north to northeasterly averaging up to 20 km/h tending northerly 20 to 35 km/h during the afternoon.
City
Sunny.
Min
Max

What is everybody's take on selection for the big match? This is what I think.

Cora Lynn
McKewan out for Dowsett or Nicholls??? Hora will ruck 80-100% of the match so need a second ruckman with a bit more versatility. Dowsett or Nicholls offer this. The other option would be to play just the one ruck and have the second ruck from someone already in the team such as Crespin. This allows Cora Lynn to play an extra runner. I like this option.

Ryan Davey in for ??? - He should be right to go this week. Shouldn't be lacking any fitness as he has been out with a broken hand. Should be able to come back and dominate like usual. Who misses for him though. Can't see anyone from last week who deserves to go so think Toner may go for a straight swap with McKewan.

Ryan Donaldson??? - The big selection decision, to play or not to play? Everyone knows he is a gun who at is best can beat teams in a quarter. But he isn't at full fitness. Last year Sheen was able to play further up the ground but he doesn't look to have that in him this year. The forward line operated well on the weekend with Saunders, Giulliano and Duiker at times offering pace down there. As good a player as he is I think he misses.

Dave Collins??? - Is he qualified? Casey got knocked out yesterday so if he can play that will be a huge addition which may swing the ledger in Cora Lynn's favour. Unsure who would be the unlucky one to miss. Maybe Christopher?

Conclusion (if Collins not qualified)
Out: McKewan
In: R.Davey

Nilma Darnum
Not too sure about Nilma Darnum's selection dilemmas. I know Toporowski missed the Semi Final. Not too sure what the injury was. Will he come out for the Grand Final? Is he even in Nilma's best 21? If so who misses for him? They will be the questions for the Nilma coach to ponder.

Does Hoskin play again after playing all season for the reserves then getting the call-up for the Semi? Will the coach keep the faith in him to do the job again or will he be a straight swap for Toporowski?
Collins only played one game i think.Think thay will play 1 ruckman and drop McKewan and may play the lion as a 2nd ruckman.

Collins has played 4 club games, 2 seniors and 2 reserves.

That is a huge inclusion if he plays. I went down and saw him in the VFL on Saturday. He didn't get much game time but will dominate if he plays in the Grand Final.

Interesting selections for Cora Lynn, Collins will definitely come in Davey a maybe, Mcewan out, was only there for insurance on Saturday. Not sure who else they will drop, tough decision to make, I'd say either M. Davey, Guiliano or Christopher. Although Davey kicked 8 2 games ago, he and sheen don't seem to be able to work together. Guiliano may have saved himself buy kicking 3 on Saturday. Christopher isn't match fit but can turn a game by himself. I think both teams will be very evenly matched and we could have a cracker of a GF. Cora Lynn by 3 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like we have 9 Nilma Darnum supporters on here.

Cora Lynn will win this game, it is just a matter of by how much. My prediction is by around 40 points. Nilma should be competitive in the first half. Would not surprise me if there were only 1-2 goals in it at the main break, but then the Cobras will blow them away early in the third term.

It is not bait. Cora Lynn are maybe better side than they were last year and I reckon they will show that in the Grand Final. Although a few blokes aren't going as well as last year the Allen bros, Davey Bros, Kimber and Dwyer are 6 great additions from last year. I know Nilma have a good team but if all the Cora Lynn players come to play you won't get near them.

I think the two games collins played in the reserves he didnt actually play... There is no chance if he played he wouldnt have been in the best... Smart move by Cora Lynn

I dont think they can name someone in the twos if he isnt actually there and sitting on the bench in uniform. We tried it a few years ago when we were short in the twos and league said we couldnt do it.

i actually think it will be a close one this year. which will be a good change from the blow outs of the last 2 years.

I dont think they can name someone in the twos if he isnt actually there and sitting on the bench in uniform. We tried it a few years ago when we were short in the twos and league said we couldnt do it.

Unless someone questions it on the day there is no way that you can or cant prove that someone played. It can be easily doctored...

I reckon the league would be very suss about it. So does it mean he played cora lynn 2's on saturday and VFL on the sunday?

We wanted to put hutchy on the team sheet when he went to ireland to play cricket in case he came back early and the league said no.

If someone is overseas its a bit harder... but i do know there have been injured blokes that have been named to play in the two's and haven't and they just play with three on the bench.

I reckon the league would be very suss about it. So does it mean he played cora lynn 2's on saturday and VFL on the sunday?

We wanted to put hutchy on the team sheet when he went to ireland to play cricket in case he came back early and the league said no.

Just had a look and he played R18 in the reserves. Both Casey seniors and reserves had a bye that week so I assume he actually played, probably not for long however.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back