Tasmanian Football League - Name A Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone remember David Giles I think he came to Burnie from Clarence with Nick Taylor at the time in 93 where did he play before that and how did he rate as a player in the south also add Squizzy Taylor.
Yep good player at Burnie and did actually get drafted to Fitzroy, do not know of whereabouts now but was a good player allright, Squizzy played in the Reserves Premiership at Burnie in 96 and had time at Smithton, Wynyard and Myalla while on the coast, there again, not sure where he is now though

Yep good player at Burnie and did actually get drafted to Fitzroy, do not know of whereabouts now but was a good player allright, Squizzy played in the Reserves Premiership at Burnie in 96 and had time at Smithton, Wynyard and Myalla while on the coast, there again, not sure where he is now though

Not sure if its the same squizzy taylor or not, the one I know was a west coast lad, ended up being killed when his caravan caught fire, unfortuantly he was in it, I no he was a good footballer, not sure where he played though.

Not sure if its the same squizzy taylor or not, the one I know was a west coast lad, ended up being killed when his caravan caught fire, unfortuantly he was in it, I no he was a good footballer, not sure where he played though.

Not the same one Squizzy still lives on the NW coast I'm told

Dave lives in Hobart, I was told and has a Jims Mowing business Sandy Bay area I think.

Whatever happened to Kim Curtis who used to play for Northern Bombers? Good hard at it player but not the greatest kick - seem to recall plenty of floaters.

Whatever happened to Kim Curtis who used to play for Northern Bombers? Good hard at it player but not the greatest kick - seem to recall plenty of floaters.

I'm not sure where has wandered to now but I seem to recall being told he headed to the mainland (anyone confirm this), but I would agree hard player and a terrible kick. One of the worst I'd seen for that main skill but he dis make up for it in other aspects of his game.

i recall a few posts back that hes assistant coach at old scotch this year.. i know he had a year or two in the nefu with lilydale aswell. also a great bloke and clubman to have at any club

Can confirm he is assistant coaching down at Old Scotch in the NTFA Division 2 competition. Will go well in that league, good player.

Gulliver - Assistant Coach at Kermandie 2003. Senior Coach of University 2004-05. Has now moved to Sydney.

Never played with South Launceston. Dunno where you got that one from?!

Also Paul Barwick never played Senior TFL football.

Perhaps you mean Paul and Garry Barwick?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Kingpin - I'm trying to think of a guy who played for Hobart about 10-12 years ago, came from the VSFL Under 18's with big wraps. Had a funny surname..... I know you'll know him.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Webster - Glenorchy
travis agg or hagg

What happened to the young guy from Burnie, Brett Robinson I think his name was?..

Was talk of him being drafted, was playing with the Devils and may have even spent a year with Ulverstone while with the devils..

Just wondering if he is still in the state, or where his footballing has taken him?..

What happened to the young guy from Burnie, Brett Robinson I think his name was?..

Was talk of him being drafted, was playing with the Devils and may have even spent a year with Ulverstone while with the devils..

Just wondering if he is still in the state, or where his footballing has taken him?..
Last i heard he was playing in the WAFL, still playing good footy and making enough to get by.

Can confirm he is assistant coaching down at Old Scotch in the NTFA Division 2 competition. Will go well in that league, good player.

Played at Lilydale in the nefu for the last couple of years and won them a premiership two years ago. Played at Rocherlea (i think) before that i think. also had a year or two off i believe.

Will make a huge difference at Scotch. Will change their soft **** image for the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Played at Lilydale in the nefu for the last couple of years and won them a premiership two years ago. Played at Rocherlea (i think) before that i think. also had a year or two off i believe.

Will make a huge difference at Scotch. Will change their soft **** image for the better.

add his old north bash brother anthony whitehead in there too.. hes a tough bastard

Now its a bit quiet.......we might as well get our memory banks in overdrive and bring up some of the players from the old days that we used to idolise when we were young nippers.....

Come on fellas - fire away and name some fearsome looking fella that used to give you the evil eye when you yelled abuse at him in the goal square.

Now its a bit quiet.......we might as well get our memory banks in overdrive and bring up some of the players from the old days that we used to idolise when we were young nippers.....

Come on fellas - fire away and name some fearsome looking fella that used to give you the evil eye when you yelled abuse at him in the goal square.
Ambrose Macdonald,Todd Spearman , Spider kLINE AND sCOTT wALKER OF North Hobart and Triabunna fame not the Burnie Hawks and Yolla Scott Walker ?

Ambrose Macdonald,Todd Spearman , Spider kLINE AND sCOTT wALKER OF North Hobart and Triabunna fame not the Burnie Hawks and Yolla Scott Walker ?

:D:D:thumbsu::thumbsu: well done Moocher

Kingpin's old favourite! Ambrose Macdonald, a villainous looking hardnut that would have scared the living daylights out of the current mob of orange men!

Spider Kline - by all reports, struggled to get a game at the country level, decided to go to North Hobart with the ambition of playing at least 1 senior game, ended up being a very very good player at that level!

Who knows what Tod Spearman is up to these days - last I heard of him was when he was playing with Uni Mowbray in the NTFA A section, this was a fair while back.

Was it Todd Spearman about 4 years back who got done for making some sort of bomb threat to a pub up North somewhere or is it someone else I'm thinking of?

Why I'm at it what ever happenend to two of the best recruits to run about at New Norfolk in Rene Peters and Matty Macartin. I think they were both won William Leitch Medals back in the day?.

Wayne Weidemen is one that comes to mind. Or old Jugg Head from South Launie, Don't actually know if he is tough but as a young bloke I laid a nice tackle on him and got holding the ball and kicked the goal and he almost tore my head off. Was yelling abuse at me for a good quarter and a half lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back