Player Movement 2022/23

Remove this Banner Ad

Dakota Bannister from Rocherlea to Cygnet. Has has moved down to Hobart from Launceston.

Had a mate send this through this morning. Not sure how it will go, hard to police cash and sponsored payments.

Attachments

• AFl Tasmania Club Sustainabiity Model 21092022.pdf
    380.1 KB · Views: 189
Had a mate send this through this morning. Not sure how it will go, hard to police cash and sponsored payments.
The problem is that based on that it ain’t worth most peoples time to play or coach in some cases.
If you get injured the costs are ridiculous these days.
A club should be able to pay a non playing coach whateva they can afford. It’s a huge job.

"AFL Tasmania will appoint a Competition Manager for all Affiliated Leagues and Competitions."

I know that at least 1 comp won't be signing up for it.

Isn’t there already meant to have been a salary cap and points system in place in the SFL for many years?! As was said above, this is very hard to police.

Isn’t there already meant to have been a salary cap and points system in place in the SFL for many years?! As was said above, this is very hard to police.
Salary cap rules were implemented around 10/11.

Doubt they were ever removed.

Launceston have lost a number of senior premiership players already with rumours of more to come.

Jay Blackberry, Josh Woolley, Miller Hodge and Michael Musicka confirmed gone for Launceston.

Woolley and Hodge have signed with Bracknell.

Jackson Thurlow rumored to be leaving aswell, last I heard it was to OL's. Not sure if the new salary cap rules will affect that, same with the rumour of Musicka going back to East Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jay Blackberry, Josh Woolley, Miller Hodge and Michael Musicka confirmed gone for Launceston.

Woolley and Hodge have signed with Bracknell.

Jackson Thurlow rumored to be leaving aswell, last I heard it was to OL's. Not sure if the new salary cap rules will affect that, same with the rumour of Musicka going back to East Coast.
Fletcher Seymour gone to Old Scotch.

What’s the issue/s with all the departures?

Lack of a challenge as a team? Thorp? More money at lower levels?

Probably more they've done it so time to enjoy footy a bit more. It's a lot of extra time and work to play state league and the atmosphere is dead at most games and once you know the AFL dream is done can understand why after a few flags you'd make the decision, especially those going to play with their mates.

Jason Laycock signed with New Norfolk, Most likely as a ruck coach.

Didn’t he sign with Glenorchy in the same position?!
He sure did Barge.
The way I read it is they're actually thinking he might play for New Norfolk next season.
Personally, I think it'll be just like his big "marquee signup" at South Burnie this year.
Will hardly play a game and more than likely be used as a decoy to drag new recruits to sign up at the club.
I think he's a nice fella, and a good footballer but his committment when he was at Hobart was questionable at best and that was probably the most disappointing thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back