FTA-TV The Office (u.s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
She reminds me of my super hot teacher I had in primary school, which is the only thing that gives her a "decent" for me. Actually she's not bad looking at all I'm just not into her.

Pam, Erin and Holly are babes.

Holly is just adorable, maybe not sexy.

Also that hot ranga from season 1 :thumbsu:
Amy Adams.

I've just seen the first 3 seasons and a few random of the fourth. I hope the standard stays.

I think the chemistry with Jan and Michael is great, even better than Pam and Jim. Also there is a lot of humour potential with Jan and Michael.

I have started watching the UK Office and but just cannot get into it. Maybe i should have watched this before the US version as I have already watched season 1 to 6 of the US Office and IMO it doesn't even rate.

The UK and the US Office is the same, the same jokes, the same character development and almost the same lines words for word except the comical translation.

IMO it would be

David Brent >>>>> Michael (just)
Dwight >>>>>> Gareth (easy)
Jim >>>>>>> Tim (no comparison)
Pam >>>>>> Dawn
and the supporting cast in Oscar, Angela, Kevin, Creed and Darrell s**t all over the UK lot.

I guess the only part of the UK office that would be superior to the US one, would be David Brent but Michael Scott is pritty damm awesome.

I have started watching the UK Office and but just cannot get into it. Maybe i should have watched this before the US version as I have already watched season 1 to 6 of the US Office and IMO it doesn't even rate.

The UK and the US Office is the same, the same jokes, the same character development and almost the same lines words for word except the comical translation.

i had the same problem.

i suspect if you watched the UK one before the US one you wouldnt be able to get into the US one.

so i'm happy with the way i went, seeing as though there werent that many episodes made of the UK one.. the US one has given me 6 seasons of entertainment... as opposed to what - 14 episodes of the UK one?

It does matter what you see first, and also matters what sort of humour you like as well. UK office is much more subtle. Less obvious jokes. Its the awkward looks at the camera that is done so bloody well in the UK version that makes it more 'real'. It is perfect as it does come off as a documentary. There is no mistaking the US version as a comedy sitcom, as opposed to a documentary style.

The amount of character development that occured in 14 short episodes in the UK version is unreal. Theres still themes all the way in season 6 of the US taken from the UK.

For me:
Brent > Scott by a mile
Gareth > Dwight
Pam > Dawn
Tim > Jim

The support actors overall in the US version are better than the UK version, though I would rate Finchy, Jennifer Taylor-Clarke, Keith & Neil as much better than Packer, Jan, Kevin and Wallace.

I think it's better if you watch the UK one first. Just seeing where the US characters originate from is crucial to you viewing of the show.

For me:
Brent > Scott (separated by daylight, massive RG fan though)
Dwight > Gareth (as good as gareth is, Dwight is arguably the best TV character ever)
Pam > Dawn (massive crush on both though)
Tim = Jim (Same character, great casting by both versions)
Karen > Rachel

Probably need to watch the UK version again, but at this stage, I'd agree that the supporting cast for the US version is superior to the UK version; Creed & Keven are just top shelf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't really compare US to UK, two totally different types of humour.

If you back to Season 1 and compare it with Season 6, the difference is amazing. In season 1 you can notice the Gervais/Merchant influence, with the style being so much more like the UK version, as opposed to the current sitcom style humor. The show has definitely evolved a fair bit.

Season 1 and maybe a bit of season 2 can be compared to the UK version, which of course the UK version is much better.

Both awesome in their own right though. Like them equally the same.

Rhys Darby lined up for Office role.

Murray off flight of the conchords. I love him!

Interesting:

The role will take effect after comedian Steve Carell's character, dodgy manager Michael Scott leaves the sitcom later this year.

So I guess the series will be continuing. Apparently the producers are deciding between him and Danny McBridge, who I don't like at all.

murray is one of my favourite tv characters of all time

i wouldnt care if they just left him as murray so my two favourity shows were linked

For me:
Brent > Scott (separated by daylight, massive RG fan though)
Dwight > Gareth (as good as gareth is, Dwight is arguably the best TV character ever)
Pam > Dawn (massive crush on both though)
Tim = Jim (Same character, great casting by both versions)
Karen > Rachel

YES! And the very best episodes usually have a huge Dwight factor in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back