Movements for 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

So, Horsham will be stronger than last year and so will the Eagles. Unless there are some announcements made, you would imagine, at this stage, the other clubs are staying where they are or going backwards.
At this stage yes Fancy but lets be honest it's early days. It's hard to get commitment from players who live away from the area this early on. I'd imagine at the beginning of next year we will hear a bit more, new players moving to the area, recruits from interstate and and larger regional centers. I'd keep my eyes peeled on Nhill, Dimboola, and Warrack for more big names to come. They seem to be the teams who pull important players late.

Why is the Wimmera Football League wanting to create its own umpire group and cut ties with the existing Wimmera Football Umpires Association? Where will the WFL get the numbers required for its own umpire group? Will there be any defects or poaching? How will this affect the other leagues serviced by WFUA. Wouldn't it be better to work with the current umpire association to fix any perceived problems than to start from nothing? Many questions in relation this move by the WFL commission. Anyone got the answers?

Why is the Wimmera Football League wanting to create its own umpire group and cut ties with the existing Wimmera Football Umpires Association? Where will the WFL get the numbers required for its own umpire group? Will there be any defects or poaching? How will this affect the other leagues serviced by WFUA. Wouldn't it be better to work with the current umpire association to fix any perceived problems than to start from nothing? Many questions in relation this move by the WFL commission. Anyone got the answers?

being a ex WFUA Goal umpire what WFL have done Stinks i hope they struggle to get anyone to umpire haha it will effect Mallee as they send centrals up there to the match of the Round WFL are just a bunch of Wingers never hear anything like that here in Ballarat since BFUA & BFL are in the same building
WFL needs to Wake up to themselves.

You sound like you are on the WFL Commission Fancy.

Well, firstly I guess because the current umpiring standard is woeful. Secondly, there appears to have been a bit of a power struggles between the League and the umpires association for many years. By taking control of the umpires the league will no longer be buck passing and is taking full responsibility. Clubs will now be able to have some input into how best to structure the umpiring system and take direct control of training, payments, retainment and most importantly….recruitment. If umpires from the Umpires league want to come across then fine and if not then that’s great to. I would imagine the clubs will have some work to do before now and the start of the season and so will the commission.

The WFUA would have to be the most self serving lot of twits you could imagine. They lack professionalism, dedication and have no interest in the game of football itself. Many an umpire has walked out of the WFUA as they considered them such an "in group" they could not stand it. Finals are allocated on whose turn it is not who has had the best year. As a group they are near all 50+, many have beer guts that are a disgrace and many of them who umpire 2nds games cannot even get into a jog.

They pressured the WFL into appointing independent goal umpires and for what. Not one report, that I can remember, since they were introduced. All it created was a career path for umpires to retire from the field into goal square with their hands still firmly in the WFL pockets.

They have had few if not nil processes over the year to recruit new umpires as they have been too scared they may be pushed aside in favor of newer fitter, better umpires coming thru.

Well done WFL the best action plan they have had for many a year. I am sure this will bode well for the future of Wimmera Football.

If rumours are correct and Horsham have recruited Paul Adlington he would have to be recruit of the year.

A SANFL player at young 20's coming into WFL, he will dominate.

He played a senior season a few years ago and was a total gun then. He will be the best midfielder in the comp by a fair margin.

being a ex WFUA Goal umpire what WFL have done Stinks i hope they struggle to get anyone to umpire haha it will effect Mallee as they send centrals up there to the match of the Round WFL are just a bunch of Wingers never hear anything like that here in Ballarat since BFUA & BFL are in the same building
WFL needs to Wake up to themselves.
Given the decreasing standard of umpiring over the years I say great move. One of the many made by the WFL since John Smith got on board. He is the best thing to happen to the league since moulded soles.

Given the decreasing standard of umpiring over the years I say great move. One of the many made by the WFL since John Smith got on board. He is the best thing to happen to the league since moulded soles.

The whole concept of this WFL umpires has a Laurie Liston feel about it. Do not be surprised if he is appointed to some role in the new structure.

I would have to agree 100% with you slenko, the umpires are their own worst enemies. But if the WFL go ahead with this plan, where are they going to get their umpires from?

The WFUA would have to be the most self serving lot of twits you could imagine. They lack professionalism, dedication and have no interest in the game of football itself. Many an umpire has walked out of the WFUA as they considered them such an "in group" they could not stand it. Finals are allocated on whose turn it is not who has had the best year. As a group they are near all 50+, many have beer guts that are a disgrace and many of them who umpire 2nds games cannot even get into a jog.

They pressured the WFL into appointing independent goal umpires and for what. Not one report, that I can remember, since they were introduced. All it created was a career path for umpires to retire from the field into goal square with their hands still firmly in the WFL pockets.

They have had few if not nil processes over the year to recruit new umpires as they have been too scared they may be pushed aside in favor of newer fitter, better umpires coming thru.

Well done WFL the best action plan they have had for many a year. I am sure this will bode well for the future of Wimmera Football.

If rumours are correct and Horsham have recruited Paul Adlington he would have to be recruit of the year.

A SANFL player at young 20's coming into WFL, he will dominate.

just quietly i think u will find warrack will have the best midfielder in the comp. he's not just a player from the SANFL he is arguably the best player out of the SANFL:eek::eek: that is all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just quietly i think u will find warrack will have the best midfielder in the comp. he's not just a player from the SANFL he is arguably the best player out of the SANFL:eek::eek: that is all.

Jeremy Clayton?? If correct he will be easily the best player in the comp!!

na you find every association is no better then the next its kind of hard to keep up to stranded if they can't get new umpires in makes hard for em people needs to get of their backsides and umpire without umpires no Footy please no Club umpires = lower standards Good Luck to john he'll find out how hard it is to recruit Umpires haha he'll need all the luck in the world :rolleyes:
BFUA is about the same standard as WFUA but least wer're in the same Building as BFL

We have had club umpires operating over the last few years in the reserves and I can tell you they are far superior to those supplied by the umpires association. As soon as the league did away with club goal umpires the standard dropped incredibly to the point where games have been reduced to a laughing stock.

club goals here chfl reserves are terrible i've watched their reserves they are too distracted by people talking to them an they are not watching the game lol that should be a big no your there umpire not to gossip with every tom dick or Harry thats comes along

I would argue that the basis of professionalism for an umpire is not weather he/she is having a chat but weather they now the rules of the game and are able to make decisions effectively. Our umpires are not able to do that but club umpires are. Paid umpires are not there for the love of the game are they, they are there for the cold hard cash and that is it.

I just rang someone i asked them if they know about WFL sacking WFUA and they said nothing has been said so seems its just a rumor going around
when it first came up and were told not to approach any umpires in the Association i think that will put an end to any attempt by WFL lol they seem to back out every time just before the season started they try it every year but nothing happens if they say it then they should do it not say it and do nothing

I just rang someone i asked them if they know about WFL sacking WFUA and they said nothing has been said so seems its just a rumor going around
when it first came up and were told not to approach any umpires in the Association i think that will put an end to any attempt by WFL lol they seem to back out every time just before the season started they try it every year but nothing happens if they say it then they should do it not say it and do nothing
It is not just a rumour. John Smith has been quoted in the Weekly Advertiser as saying "The commission is resolute in its ambition to form an umpiring group and every effort will be made to achieve this goal". There was also a radio piece. From what I here things are in motion and a lot further progressed that you would realise.

I Saw the 2011 WFL Fixture in the WMT today rd 1 Horsham v NHill seems a few night matches during the year

It could be that there are couple of key individuals that never umpire in the WFL in any capacity.

If WFUA are struggling to recruit new umpires WFL won't do any better hope the get 0 i know they are not allowed to approach any Umpires from the Assoiation :thumbsu:

If WFUA are struggling to recruit new umpires WFL won't do any better hope the get 0 i know they are not allowed to approach any Umpires from the Assoiation :thumbsu:

I could name at least 6 if not as many as 10 ex-umpires who walked out of WFUA cause they were such an in group and did not welcome newcomers unless you were the offspring of a current umpire.

For many of the current umpires there WFUA pay pcket has been factored into their lifesyles. They preferred to do 2 x Saturday games and even back up for a Sunday game as it was all tax free money for them. 3 games for the weekend plus travel, you are looking at quite a nice little loot.

Under those circumstances why go out and recruit new umpires as they are only going to do you out of money!

The WFL have to take over, they have no choice. The current batch will simply die on the football field before they give up their WFUA booty.

Herd that Googs Clugston from J/R heading back to Dimmy.

Thought Googas had signed on with J/R again?
Any news on what Skurrie is doing next year, will he be playing footy? Who would be the clubs he would be talking to?

Here's one to get you thinking, if googs went to dimmy, along with Baker from pimp which has been the talk, who would be the better recruits
Clugston and Baker
or
Steve and Grant?

Not much news in the Mail Times about player movements in the WFL. Seems to be more players going out then in.

I think the mail times is just not that proactive this year compared to other years in finding out player movements. I think you will find there will be plenty of players entering into the WFL this coming season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back