New AFL Video Game - Part 6 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross,

Now that you have time to add some more stuff o the game, Just wondering if BigAnt is going to add at the beginning of an AFL Match the two captains shaking hands and the umpire tossing a coin to see which way the teams are kicking?, This is a big job so it would probably be in the next game but I was just wondering what your thoughts are on the coin toss, because I think that adds a lot to the game, it would get the player into the game even before it started.

Portpower2010

I havnt been on here for a week so i thought id post some aussie music that would be good in the game

[YOUTUBE]wQ4rPBvjGVU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]UrAWK9nilJE[/YOUTUBE]

Ross,

Now that you have time to add some more stuff o the game, Just wondering if BigAnt is going to add at the beginning of an AFL Match the two captains shaking hands and the umpire tossing a coin to see which way the teams are kicking?, This is a big job so it would probably be in the next game but I was just wondering what your thoughts are on the coin toss, because I think that adds a lot to the game, it would get the player into the game even before it started.

Portpower2010

As long as it could be skipped. I imagine it could get annouying after a while. But would be a nice touch :thumbsu:

Ross,

Portpower2010

I'm not buying the game if this isn't in.

As most games there will be aspects missing.

Each year EA bring out a FIFA, NFL, NHL & NBA and you think they cant get better and do with each year. I suspect that if AFL is a great game and does well, BigAnt will produce one each year.....well we can only hope! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Copyright problems would follow...

As someone said, it's easy to do on the 360. Most of the EA sports games let you add custom tracks as like arena music and stuff.

I just hope they have a bit more than what they had in International Cricket 2010, which just had the old world series cricket theme repeated over and over and over :(

As most games there will be aspects missing.

Each year EA bring out a FIFA, NFL, NHL & NBA and you think they cant get better and do with each year. I suspect that if AFL is a great game and does well, BigAnt will produce one each year.....well we can only hope! :D

I'm actually of the opinion that 1 game per year is too much. The EA sports games are largely so refined (except NBA) that they are struggling to add significant changes each year and the games are often released with bugs and gameplay quirks. I wish they spent 2 years so for 80 dollars you got a game that's very much different from its predecessor. There would also be time to make sure that the gameplay is smooth and almost bug-free.

That won't happen though because EA likes money.

I'm actually of the opinion that 1 game per year is too much. The EA sports games are largely so refined (except NBA) that they are struggling to add significant changes each year and the games are often released with bugs and gameplay quirks. I wish they spent 2 years so for 80 dollars you got a game that's very much different from its predecessor. There would also be time to make sure that the gameplay is smooth and almost bug-free.

Agree with this, having the year in between updated with just DLC

Maybe get the 2012 one out with the full GWS list and then space it out. Plus im sure initially there will be plenty of improvements to make. But after that would only be drig and drabs. Man I cant wait for that greem light!!!

Any news...any at all...would be great - on AFL OR Cricket.

And the quicker we get Cameron Bruce photo shopped in Hawks jumper the better! :thumbsu:

Just buy the game every 2 years.

There's no difference in sports games releasing 1 year to the next than every 2 years, the innovations will stay the same as there's only so much that can be thought of and done in 2 years over 1 (meaning you'll generally see a big new improvement each year due to the overarching development thought process).

The only real issues come down to some bugs here and there, which are generally easily fixed by patches. Should hardly open it up to 2 years just because of a couple of bugs.

As we've seen with many a game that has had stupidly long development times, it's not necessarily how long a game is developed for that will stop bugs from appearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back