Thursday, March 17th - KNOX, 4.30 to 7.30 pm
Friday, March 18th - CHADSTONE, 4.30 to 7.30 pm
Friday, March 25th - SOUTHLAND, 4.30 to 7.30 pm
Thursday, April 7th - NARRE WARREN, 4.30 to 7.30 pm
Monday, April 11th, Bourke St, MELBOURNE, 10am to 1pm
Monday, April 11th HIGHPOINT, 2pm to 5 pm
Tuesday, April 12th RINGWOOD, 11am to 2 pm
Wdnesday, April 13th DONCASTER, 11 am to 2pm

Just saw the video with the commentary. I didn't really think it was all that bad, I think it'll be 100% better then the other games (not hard :p ) but they were alright at the time. The only thing i found even slightly annoying was the sound of the whistle every time there was a mark, but thats one thing that I'll definitely get used to. But while there is always something to complain about and most of us here seem to be able to do that bloody well, the gameplay looks brilliant, the presentation pre game looks very crisp but the game just looks all round fun ! 29 DAYS !!

Anyone got the link for video with commentary, cheers!!

I've already played with them at chadstone and i didnt bother to check !:eek:
But does soon enough mean when its released? :confused::)

Ahhh... no... it means every two days I am releasing a team list based on where teams finished in a simulation I ran.

Just saw Ross drive into his driveway across the road from my school. I feel starstruck :eek:

Lol - St Bede's or the Boys Grammar?

Looks like you victorians can waltz into jb from now until release date and have a go.
http://fb.me/XtawcswJ

Lucky buggers

Looks like my EB playtests have gone viral! :)

Andy and Francis will be at the EB Swanston Street store tomorrow. Andy will also be at Northlands on Saturday, I'll be at Frankston on Sunday.

FYI: There are two types of Online Matches

Find Match will find an opponent as quickly as possible - you will earn XP against this opponent whether you win or loss - obviously more if you win. There is a Handicap bonus based both on your Skill and the rating of the team you are playing against compared to your own. This is also the mode in which you will win Badges.

Private match allows you to invite friend(s) and you are able to play up to 8 players - this even gives you the ability to play 8 players against the AI. This is 4 players on each console - but you can have any combination of players on either team. This is unranked.

PS: See you guys later tonight or tomorrow, off to the Carlton Guernsey Presentation Dinner!

Green starting on the bench:confused:, I'll be pretty happy though if thats the side :)

Looks like my memory sucks then.

Green's probably on the flank, as well as Sylvia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really. Maybe they want a week between the playtests and and releasing the game. I doubt that Ross would be carrying around dev kits when a lot of those EB stores would have the game in and ready to sell.

I like a controlled environment - we will be taking our own equipment.

PS: I won't be at all the sessions, some EB presentations are Big Ant designers and/or myself, and there is Neal of HES/Tru Blu doing the rest.

EB Swanston Street store tomorrow.

Ooh, this is a new one isn't it?

I've got an appointment in the city at 2.30 so you bet I'll be there before and or after!

Hello all, this is to anyone who can answer this question.

Myself and my good friend Steven Henderson are obsessed with stats :). In previous AFL games the Brownlow votes have been decided by players who rack up the most possessions in each game:footy:. However this does not always indicate they were the best player on the field:cool:. I am interested to know if Big Ant have changed the way votes are given. e.g. stat efficiency, spoils, defensive pressure etc.

Can anybody help! :eek:

Cheers

The only thing i found even slightly annoying was the sound of the whistle every time there was a mark, but thats one thing that I'll definitely get used to.
You know what I actually noticed that too in the game, maybe it was just that it's a bit more noticeable than in real life? But I definitely had a bit of a gripe hearing that each time.
I dusted off the AFL 99 CD to hear the commentary.. Bruce McAvaney and Leigh Matthews made a great duo. They were excited and made unexpected comments and delivered with enthusiasm. Every comment was basically Bruce talking to Lee about what's happening on field and Leigh responding but these recorded as one sound file not seperate files with pauses and changes of tone.

But yeah I don't know you have to listen to more of them it just worked great and EA did a good job back then. I hope Big Ant look at AFL 99 for next version :thumbsu:
I do agree and I made a post about this ages and ages ago before we even knew who the commentators were (and even before Ross was here).

I think tbh it's all because of Bruce's enthusiasm more than anything, he really brought the realism to the table for AFL 98/99. Leigh is good too, but replacable tbh. I think Bruce is the one to get though as he really gives his all.
Andy and Francis will be at the EB Swanston Street store tomorrow.
That's NEXT Thursday isn't it?

Swanston St Thursday, 24 March 2011

:confused:

Ooh, this is a new one isn't it?

I've got an appointment in the city at 2.30 so you bet I'll be there before and or after!

Bugger, I got the date wrong - it's next Thursday! sorry!

uhhh no werribee plaza :(
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=118359431572342

Thursday, March 31st - Werribee Plaza 4.30 to 7.30pm

Also http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=118359431572342#!/event.php?eid=115618641849825

Werribee Saturday, 2 April 2011 10am-2pm

Phew, I didn't plan on going into the city tomorrow.:p

Will catch up again with Andy next week.:thumbsu:

You little beauty, ill be playing as all the teams, and will play as the home team against the computer throughout the whole season. Thanks Ross and Bigant!!

soooo gooood :) ILL BE doing the same champ :)
if you cant decide who to play with i usually flip
a coin or something along those lines
find it way easier :)

Very tempted to shift back my appointment by a week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back