AFL Canberra - Division 3 & 4 - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist) - 2010

Wayne Cook has the seniors coaching job at Murrumbidgee, not sure about reserves.

Pre Season Practice Match
Murrumbidgee vs ANU
Saturday, March 5 @ 2:30
Kambah Oval

Pre Season Practice Match
Murrumbidgee vs ANU
Saturday, March 5 @ 2:30
Kambah Oval

ANU won by about 33 points. Roughly 77 to 44 I think. The game was played in six 15 minute periods.

I was chatting to a couple of mates before the game on Saturday and they said the Juggers only started training a couple of weeks ago, so I was a bit surprised at how well some passages of play were put together.

there was definitely some scrappiness throughout from both sides, but there were some pretty nice grabs and it was pretty enjoyable to watch.

Heard Harman played a scratchie against RMC at RMC, anyone hear how that went? Also I believe RMC are looking to try and rejoin the comp next year, what are their chances? Will they be welcomed back or shunned?

I'd welcome RMC back, but where do you fit them in?
A 12 team div 4 and 10 team Div 3 comp already creates nightmare draw scenarios. Ideally you want 11 and 12, rather than 10 and 13. There would also have to be a guarantee with them that they do their best to fit games in rather than forfeit a block of 4 weeks mid season as happened previously. ADFA have done well in 2011 to reschedule their games, and the clubs who have met their requirements have done what is best for the competition.

In the transfers, Murrumbidgee seem to have picked up a lot, but I have noticed Heath Russell has left Goulburn for the Central Coast. Is there someone who can replace him?

Heard Harman played a scratchie against RMC at RMC, anyone hear how that went? Also I believe RMC are looking to try and rejoin the comp next year, what are their chances? Will they be welcomed back or shunned?
Rmc wanted in this year ,but the approach was to late.They will be back next year as a div 4 side only.

Heath russell is captain coach of gosford reserve grade.Steve armstrong is back as coach of goulburn. word on the street is that the swans will be a very young side this year.

Rmc wanted in this year ,but the approach was to late.They will be back next year as a div 4 side only.

Heath russell is captain coach of gosford reserve grade.Steve armstrong is back as coach of goulburn. word on the street is that the swans will be a very young side this year.

Hey guys.

Your sources have let you down cab. I'm coaching the Under 18's in Nelson Bay.

As for Goulburn, GF, they will be fine. Steve is coaching and will do a great job. Plenty of good young kids coming through and have heard a few recruits from Vic way will keep them fairly competitive. Hopefully the young guys can adjust to senior football and be the clubs backbone for the next 10 yrs. Yass look like they have picked up a few and may be the ones to beat.

Good luck to all teams. Will be keeping a close eye on the comp:)

Hey guys.

As for Goulburn, GF, they will be fine. Steve is coaching and will do a great job. Plenty of good young kids coming through and have heard a few recruits from Vic way will keep them fairly competitive. Hopefully the young guys can adjust to senior football and be the clubs backbone for the next 10 yrs. Yass look like they have picked up a few and may be the ones to beat.

G,day Heath thats the second time the same bloke gave me false info.When i get up that way ill have to kick his arse.
Hope ypur keeping fit :)

Hey guys.

Good luck with the Boys Rusty. They will certainly learn a lot from someone such as yourself.

Goulburn will benefit with Steve at the helm, the only problem I can see is his lack of height, which will make coaching normal size people a little hard for him :p In all honesty he has a wealth of experience that the younger players will definitely benefit from.

The Jets are looking healthy, some handy recruiting has been going on :thumbsu:
Coaches are doing well and numbers are good. Only going to get better in the coming weeks and looking forward to a hit out with ANU on the 19th and for the regular season to start.

We should be a lot more competitive than last year. Huge learning curve that we had. I think last year was an eye opening experience that we will have learnt a lot from.

Bring on start of the season and good luck to all :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snap shot where are the jets getting their recruits from these days. Do they still get a steady stream from ainslie or are they coming from far and wide.

Mate they are coming from far and wide from what I can see. Not familiar with the Ainslie mob so couldn't tell you if they are streaming from over there, to the best of my knowledge, no.

There is a number of guys getting into it for the first time, coming back after a few years off, numbers are looking good at the moment.:thumbsu:

Hey guys.

Interesting quote regards yass rusty !!! from what im hearing they will be lucky to feild a full side.
Good to hear you have the 18s to mate :thumbsu:

Good Carnival hosted by Harman on Saturday with Juggernauts, Macquarie Uni and Bathurst having a hit out. Thanks to organisers for the day. Harman and Bidge had 2 pretty full squads, whilst Mac Uni were short and Bathurst had just over a team.

What news from the Cooma Carnival?

Big Daddy - the girls game had just started as I was leaving, but will find out a little more info today from a cousin who was playing in the match...

Booftastic - Cooma organised a really good carnival again - teams from Cooma/Woden, Tathra, Ainslie, Belconnen and Tuggeranong attended in the mens, with Queanbeyan, Tuggeranong and Belco in the womens.

It was pretty even with every team winning a game in the mens comp, but a special mention must go to Belconnen who stretched the concept of a Div 3/4 carnival to its limit by playing a current ACT rep player and another couple of first graders in their lineup... :eek: The Div 3 and 4 opponents didn't see which way they ran!

Not sure who won overall, but well done to Cooma for their promotion of AFL, getting an 8 page liftout for the carnival in the local paper.

Good to see Rusty and Jock up there as well with Jock mentoring the new umpires.

Big Daddy - the girls game had just started as I was leaving, but will find out a little more info today from a cousin who was playing in the match...

Booftastic - Cooma organised a really good carnival again - teams from Cooma/Woden, Tathra, Ainslie, Belconnen and Tuggeranong attended in the mens, with Queanbeyan, Tuggeranong and Belco in the womens.

It was pretty even with every team winning a game in the mens comp, but a special mention must go to Belconnen who stretched the concept of a Div 3/4 carnival to its limit by playing a current ACT rep player and another couple of first graders in their lineup... :eek: The Div 3 and 4 opponents didn't see which way they ran!

Not sure who won overall, but well done to Cooma for their promotion of AFL, getting an 8 page liftout for the carnival in the local paper.

Good to see Rusty and Jock up there as well with Jock mentoring the new umpires.

1 first grader who played 2 games in the middle to get some fitness back because he hadn't played a pre season game. Hardly had that much of an impact. The others were on the cusp of 2nds and 3rds so I don't really see the problem. Not like it is the first time it has happened anyway, didn't the hawks do something similar 2 years ago??

Campbell - I couldn't really care less, but I might pull you up on it...

1 first grader who played 2 games in the middle to get some fitness back because he hadn't played a pre season game.

Didn't he play for the ACT against GWS a month ago? Obviously in terrible need for the run ;) And trust me, he won the first 5 clearances against Cooma to set up 5 straight goals. Not much impact really.

On the positive side for Cooma/Woden boys who played, it was actually a really good learning experience for a few of our young guys who were getting valuable experience in the midfield. They could learn more in chasing John around for 5 minutes and learning where to go to read the ball and play than a month of drills at training.

Big Daddy - the womens game was abandoned after an all. The Tuggeranong Coach decided to withdraw the team and the game was abandoned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back