AFL Canberra - Division 3 & 4 - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

hi all,

not trying to stir up sh*t here. but ive been hearing from a few people that a few of the juggs boys might be switching clubs soon.

from anyone involved at the club - is there any indications this might be true? are numbers good at training etc...

it would be a shame - its those independent clubs that give that comp its character.

PhoenixAZ
we have had reasonable numbers at training so far (better than this time of year in other seasons) and the mood is pretty positive. No coaches to date but will probably have that wrapped up this week, which will make a difference.

Some of our blokes may be switching to Tugg Hawks for their new 4th grade team as last chance to play together with old mates, which is a bit of a shame for us, but only a couple were playing regularly last few years and they are not leaving on bad terms.

We have had some good new blokes turn up and getting some former players back will also help.

Moving to Gunghalin in time for the Footy season...and as I like to go and watch local football..the Gunghalin Jets would be my local team.
A quick check of last years Ladders suggests that they did it tough.
Can anyone fill me in on their recent form and prospects for this season?

Just as important...is there a decent Fish & Chip shop in Gunghalin?...if not, where's the closest?:D

PhoenixAZ
we have had reasonable numbers at training so far (better than this time of year in other seasons) and the mood is pretty positive. No coaches to date but will probably have that wrapped up this week, which will make a difference.

Some of our blokes may be switching to Tugg Hawks for their new 4th grade team as last chance to play together with old mates, which is a bit of a shame for us, but only a couple were playing regularly last few years and they are not leaving on bad terms.

We have had some good new blokes turn up and getting some former players back will also help.

thanks mate. sounds good - hope all goes well for the season.

I'm yet to hear anyone confident that they will improve on 2010. Except for Ports as coach of Jets 3's - he is aiming to win more games than last year.

It was a big weekend for the rumour mill! A former 4th grade premiership coach to take over in the nappy valley, half a dozen Jugs to join Costigan at Tuggers as previously mentioned here, the Tuggies 3's confident of a vast improvement and hopeful of finals, a former heavyweight of the competition slimmed down and ready to fire, a key position player from last years 3rds premiership side taking the money and heading out to play 2's at the Jets, and by the sounds of it, many of the 2010 CD1's premiership side going into the retirement after their success last year...

I'm yet to hear anyone confident that they will improve on 2010. Except for Ports as coach of Jets 3's - he is aiming to win more games than last year.

It was a big weekend for the rumour mill! A former 4th grade premiership coach to take over in the nappy valley, half a dozen Jugs to join Costigan at Tuggers as previously mentioned here, the Tuggies 3's confident of a vast improvement and hopeful of finals, a former heavyweight of the competition slimmed down and ready to fire, a key position player from last years 3rds premiership side taking the money and heading out to play 2's at the Jets, and by the sounds of it, many of the 2010 CD1's premiership side going into the retirement after their success last year...
Sounds like an around the grounds report ferret :)

Who is the player? I heard Jackson Rowe was heading there but just wondering if he had made up his mind or if it is a diffrent player.

Magpies have had a few retirements in 3s, but the number is not yet confirmed. Some players are still considering their playing futures, some have moved interstate, and others have returned to ACTAFL training. Most of these are consistent with other clubs at this time of year I would think.
Can confirm that the player mentioned in previous posts as going to Jets for $$$ is not going to happen. All coaches and assistants appointed, training resumed and numbers growing each week. Hoping to be competitive in both grades in 2011.
Not keen to make predictions yet, but I assume ADFA will be thereabouts again? The other teams from top 4 last year will be amongst it again, and without knowing too much about what is happening elsewhere, hopefully the standard continues to rise in CD footy.

Re: AFL Canberra Div 3, div 4 (Canb Dist) - 2010

How is Shane Less going out at Yass being "New coach" in town ? I would be interested to see how is old team mates at belconnen think he will go seeing he spent so much time there.
Any news on how ANU are shaping up this season ? Always strong in both grades and has Harman kept the majority of its 3's together ?

How is Shane Less going out at Yass being "New coach" in town ? I would be interested to see how is old team mates at belconnen think he will go seeing he spent so much time there.
Any news on how ANU are shaping up this season ? Always strong in both grades and has Harman kept the majority of its 3's together ?

Shane played with yass last year did he knot ?

ahhhh ok not sure i have been away for 3 years O/S and played with him in the late 90's

Shane played last year for the Roos.

ADFA are completely dependant on recruits - if they have been strong for two years, a few of the cadets may move on. I'm just glad we don't have them in Round 1 again.

Twobobs - the name I heard had been rumoured to go there in last years thread. I reckon he just feeds the rumours up himself as he lights to see himself mentioned ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shane has started well in his coaching career,i personally think he will go very well. His trainings are well thought out and well constructed.He has a very positive attitude and is very passionate about his footy.

His only downfall so far( and it is a big one) is he is an Essendon supporter.
bomber supporters dont last long in yass :D

Shane has started well in his coaching career,i personally think he will go very well. His trainings are well thought out and well constructed.He has a very positive attitude and is very passionate about his footy.

His only downfall so far( and it is a big one) is he is an Essendon supporter.
bomber supporters dont last long in yass :D

Thats rich coming from a carlton person :eek: Have yass picked up any other belco players with Shane coaching ?

Shane played last year for the Roos.

ADFA are completely dependant on recruits - if they have been strong for two years, a few of the cadets may move on. I'm just glad we don't have them in Round 1 again.

Twobobs - the name I heard had been rumoured to go there in last years thread. I reckon he just feeds the rumours up himself as he lights to see himself mentioned ;)
What is Mr Axleby doing this year ?

What is Mr Axleby doing this year ?

To the best of my knowledge Axe retired after the GF last year. There are whispers of him making the odd appearance with 4th grade this year but we'll wait and see on this. It's also hard to know exactly what Axe is doing until cricket is finished so prob won't be able to confirm one way or the other until March.

As far as I know, we haven't lost anyone else to Yass since Shaneo moved out there last year. In regards to Shaneo, he will do a great job as coach. He was always very well respected at Belco and has a good footy brain. When he spoke the guys always listened and he definitely leads by example. He was always one of the first guys to pick something up on the field that needed to be changed as well and this will be a great quality as a coach.

I wish Shaneo all the best in his coaching career out at Yass, just like I (and many other BMFC players) wished him the best when he was cleared to play for them last season. He is still held in high regard at BMFC as a premiership player and 100 gamer, he owes us nothing.

He played under some amazing coaches at Belco, so I reckon he will go alright :D

Pie25

Have you retired or are you going around again?

Hey GF,

Much to the dismay of my team mates I am going around again. I was going to retire but a few of us went on a rampage over summer and trashed twobobs' house, so I need my hefty match payments to pay for the damage :).

Good to see some chatter in the lead up to the season. I plan to watch a few games while having a beer or two this year. I'm sure my insightful banter will be appreciated by all.

Thanks mate... I wouldn't do that.

The former heavyweight you mentioned would be close to weighing in at welter weight these days. He is fading away to nothing but a handsome shadow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back