Past Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys, I'd like to drop by and talk about Yarran for a sec. The guy has been an object of ridicule. Unfit, seemingly lazy, a joke.

In Round One he got a hard tag and didn't give a whimper. Backline redemption? Oh dear, how we laughed. The game against Gold Coast, yeah he got ball, but it was cheap.

How wrong.

Yarran is a potential gun. Has the fitness now to match the talent, and all of a sudden, wow! His field kicking is sublime, and finally today, he showed the poise of a leader.

I wasn't a fan. Thought he was just ok. But I was wrong and today was a coming out game where he showed he could be an absolute star :thumbsu:

Guys, I'd like to drop by and talk about Yarran for a sec. The guy has been an object of ridicule. Unfit, seemingly lazy, a joke.

In Round One he got a hard tag and didn't give a whimper. Backline redemption? Oh dear, how we laughed. The game against Gold Coast, yeah he got ball, but it was cheap.

How wrong.

Yarran is a potential gun. Has the fitness now to match the talent, and all of a sudden, wow! His field kicking is sublime, and finally today, he showed the poise of a leader.

I wasn't a fan. Thought he was just ok. But I was wrong and today was a coming out game where he showed he could be an absolute star :thumbsu:

Nice one, Big L. Who would you take out of him and Rich?

right now? Rich.

But give it a consistent season playing like that, compared to Rich's current output, Yarran in a canter

That's actually a fail but given you might improve your opinionating as the season wears on I'm gonna stick with you. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be the first to admit that when the idea came up to throw him onto the HBF, I thought it was a crazy idea. Sure he had the ability to run and counter-attack, but what about when the other team had the ball? I am glad to admit though that it appears I was wrong on that front. He looked lost earlier in the season but his defensive ability is really coming along, almost to the point where I don't panic when the other team has the ball heading down his side of the field. If he can keep getting better defensively, as well as attack with the ball in his hands like that, and there is no limit to how good this kid can/will be.

This kid is well on his way to being one of the most exciting players in the game. Two fantastic games on the big stage, in front of huge crowds, demonstrates that Yaz is going to be a big game player & we haven't had too many of those since the late '90s.

Excellent point, msr. If he could just pass some of that knowledge onto Gibbsy, we'd be alright.

I don't want to bag Carrots but in the first few minutes of the game he had the chance to handball to a better kick in Yarran who was in a great position to receive and deliver but he chose to kick himself which ended in two turnovers.

Players need to feed Yarran the ball at every opportunity especially if that player isn't a great kick or decision maker.

I don't want to bag Carrots but in the first few minutes of the game he had the chance to handball to a better kick in Yarran who was in a great position to receive and deliver but he chose to kick himself which ended in two turnovers.

Players need to feed Yarran the ball at every opportunity especially if that player isn't a great kick or decision maker.

OMG this! I was screaming at Carrazzo for this! Carrots has to be told he's not allowed to kick, surely he has been told to handpass to our better users, I seriously hope Ratten blasted Carrots for that. And if Ratten hasn't instructed Carrots to handpass to the better kicks then he's stupider then I thought. Made me so angry, Carrots has to be realistic about his abilities. He's in my starting 22 but only on the condition that he doesn't kick the damn thing.

OMG this! I was screaming at Carrazzo for this! Carrots has to be told he's not allowed to kick, surely he has been told to handpass to our better users, I seriously hope Ratten blasted Carrots for that. And if Ratten hasn't instructed Carrots to handpass to the better kicks then he's stupider then I thought. Made me so angry, Carrots has to be realistic about his abilities. He's in my starting 22 but only on the condition that he doesn't kick the damn thing.

Carrots did something even worse against Coliingwood in the third quater. The ball was kicked into the middle where the ball was heading straight towards Gibbs and Carrotts backed back and took the ball off him. Then procede to kick it off the side of his boot resulting in a Pies goal at a crucial point in the match. I disagree that he should be in the side cannot afford to have a guy causing that many turnovers in modern footy because against the good sides pretty much every one will result in a score.

Will be a wonderful player for the Carlton Football Club, for many years.

He's just brilliant with the football. There's not one other player at our club that I'd rather have the ball in his hands.

I hope all the banned posters (and the cowards that won't come back) that relentlessly stuck the boots into Yarran, and into Hughes for selecting him before Rich, are choking on the humble pie being stuffed in their faces.

Will be a wonderful player for the Carlton Football Club, for many years.

He's just brilliant with the football. There's not one other player at our club that I'd rather have the ball in his hands.

I hope all the banned posters (and the cowards that won't come back) that relentlessly stuck the boots into Yarran, and into Hughes for selecting him before Rich, are choking on the humble pie being stuffed in their faces.

Not surprisingly some opposition supporters are choosing to ignore his feats of late and wheel out the tired old Yarran cliches; "scared soft footballer, overated kick" etc

They can only do it so long though, this kid is an absolute ripper and when he kills their teams, well sucked in to them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back