AFL: Richmond Tigers
VFL: Coburg
ICC: Australia
SS: Victoria Bushrangers
BBL: Melbourne Renegades
ANZNL: Melbourne Vixens
NRL: Melbourne Storm
ALeague: Melbourne Victory

I followed Box Hill in the VFA/VFL up until 1999... in 2000 I followed the Richmond reserves, and from 2001 I've followed Coburg (when Richmond aligned with them).
Used to follow the Phoenix in the old national netball league; didn't hate the Kestrels though.
My brother and I followed South Melbourne in the NSL for a couple of years too.

Other sports I don't follow, but if pressed, would nominate a team:

NEAFL: Southport Sharks - I have a jumper :)
SANFL: West Adelaide - cos of Andy Collins. I do have a Sturt guernsey though
WAFL: Subiaco - only cos of friends
SRU: Melbourne Rebels
ABL: Melbourne Aces
NBL: Melbourne Tigers
WNBL: Bulleen Boomers

Used to follow the Waverley Reds in the old ABL, but then they moved to Moorabbin and the league turned to pot.
As a kid I followed the Spectres in the NBL, then the Giants, but since 1992 I've been on the Tigers. Haven't been to a game in years and don't watch it on TV. I did happen to go to the NBL game that got the record crowd, 15,099 at what's now Rod Laver Arena.

American sports:

NBA: Phoenix Suns, LA Lakers
NHL: New Jersey Devils
NFL: San Francisco 49ers, Miami Dolphins
MLB: Cleveland Indians

but if you asked me to name any of their current players, bzzzt, thanks for playing - can't do it.
Phoenix has a cool name, like one of the X-Men :) I still have a Suns raincoat. I've still got an old pair of 49ers pyjamas and used to have an awesome fluoro Indians cap! I've got tops of the Devils and Dolphins... I reckon I picked the Devils after that Seinfeld episode :D

Enough of the teams though... favourite players to watch:

Footy: none. It's a team thing! Only times I've really felt like I'm watching players specifically is when I'm watching State of Origin, you get to see the best of the best.

Cricket: been many over the years. Most of my favourite players have been Victorian: Dean Jones, Brad Hodge, Ian Harvey, Paul Reiffel were the main ones. The West Indies under Clive Lloyd and Viv Richards were the best opponents ever: for a while they seemed to be out here every second year! (No South Africa, Zimbabwe or Bangladesh back then.) Another unsung legend of the game comes to mind: Gavin Robertson.

Tennis: all about individuals. Pat Rafter would be my all time favourite... John McEnroe would have been awesome :) Women's tennis, can watch just about anyone, some nice young faces there :D

Swimming: best part of any Olympics and Commonwealth Games. All time favourite: Giaan Rooney, but sadly I've seen her turned into some lifestyle TV host and part time weathergirl by Channel 9.

Netball: I saw some champions over the years watching the Phoenix, such as Boniello, Southby, McMahon, Chatfield, Chokljat. Favourite player would be Ingrid Dick, and later on Johannah Curran showed a lot of promise, but then she went to the Fever...

Haha imach was goin to post that at some stage but you beat me to it. Bloody hell Kyle is funny have you seen some of his other stuff on his YouTube channel goodneighbourstuff

Haha yeah, they don't come much better than this :D Could not stop laughing from the 3:30 to 3:58 mark.

[YOUTUBE]X37EzJnuntk[/YOUTUBE]

Random chat thread. He's me talking about random crap.

Some of these people writing THIER list bemuse me .

I enjoy sport. And with my love of American sport I can't follow anyone so to speak as I have no affiliation to anything involved in them. I've been a basketball follower NBA most of my life, but never "supported" a team. I follow players and have interests in teams. Prime example is Shaquille oneal. Followed him since day 1 as much as I *could and showed interest in teams and games he was in and at.*

Current example is Tim Tebow from The Denver broncos.*
Following him and his story at the moment because it is the flavour of the month. I'm not just following it because of that, I'm following because the story is just fascinating to watch. And it's caused some debate amongst sports fans etc.*
The only thing I can compare it to and even then, they're polar opposites is the hysteria with Nic Naitanui. How*He's every where and always on the news etc.*

Yes I followed Michael Jordan when I was younger, but the funny thing with that was I was a huge Scottie pippen fan too. Played basketball for the first part of my career with 24, as it was one away from Jordan. Then changed a bit later on to 33.

Again, loving my American sports and hopping on some "game used forums" as of late. I'm gobsmacked. Some of the collections I would literally have to have everything football I owned in my lounge including all my jumpers and everything corny so to speak packed away in boxes, then still have to spend 50k on crap to get anywhere near close to what some collections I've seen.

One example, whilst I prefer NFL gear to look at, I saw someone's man cave so to speak, consisting of over 600 match used baseball bats. Just bats alone let alone balls, jerseys, pants, socks, cleats helmets, chewed tobacco etc. just phenomenal. If anything, makes me want to pull my finger out and go harder. :)

One final tidbit. Memorabilia prices are all over the shop in the USA and here in my opinion.*

And it's intriguing in AFL ITS*Mainly jumpers sold with a handful of shorts, boots and that's about it. NFL so much more parts of the uniforms. Gloves, pants, cleats, helmets, jerseys are all highly desirable.

Don't get me started on some helmet collections I've seen.

Finishing up. American sports collections................................are ****ing insane.*

Ok here are my teams:

AFL: Sydney Swans (GWS Giants will be a secondary for at least 1 year)
SS/ODC: NSW "Speedblitz" Blues
BBL: Sydney 6ers and Thunder (can't split the two and as they are new there is no history or link to either of them)
ANZNL: NSW Swifts
NRL: Wests Tigers
NSW Cup: Western Suburbs Magpies
Arrive Alive Cup: St Gregory's Campbelltown
A-League: Sydney FC
NSW Premier League: Sydney Olympic
SRU: NSW Waratahs
ABL: Sydney BlueSox
NBL: Was the Razorbacks and Kings in the old NBL, but now Sydney Kings
V8's: Team Vodafone, HRT

International leagues:

NBA: LA Lakers
NHL: Anaheim Ducks, Buffalo Sabres (Soft spot for the Winnipeg Jets)
NFL: Green Bay Packers
MLB: NY Yankees
NCAA Football: USC, Oregon
EPL: Arsenal
SPL: Rangers
La Liga: Barcelona
Serie A: Juventus
F1: McLaren

All international contests: Australia

Plus there are many other leagues and sports I watch (too many to mention) that I don't have a team that I follow.

I hate any form of motorsport. Absolutely can't stand it. It's even worse than every Rugby code combined.

I got an iPhone 3GS this morning. My mum offered to buy me one for uni next year. I would've felt guilty asking for a 4, but my parents bought my sister one for Christmas. I doubt they'd want to spend that money again so soon.

What are some good apps? I downloaded Tiger Woods when it was free, FIFA 12 was 99c, and I've got Real Football and NBA 2K11 in demo form downloading.

Thinking about getting AFL Gold.

But (free) recommendations? Things that are practical and useful?

Get jetpack joyride it's free at the moment was number 1 top paid app for ages and it is really fun and it's made by Aussie devs

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150501202239313&set=a.10150501201194313.384839.85633169312&type=3

397967_10150501202239313_85633169312_8216278_1987461368_n.jpg

I remember someone ages back talking about the footy jumper using Hopper from A Bug's Life... seems the jumper turned up at the MCG today :thumbsu:

What's the jumper editing like on AFL for iOS/Wii? Much the same as the PS3 editor?

And is AFL Live Gold worth it? Apparently it kills the battery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get Angry Birds SA. Seasons is the best.

I've got AFL Gold, only played it once. Not that it was bad, just haven't got around to it again. The jumper selection is pretty much the same as AFL Live.

Also, I'm really addicted to FIFA Superstars at the moment, which is free. It's a soccer management game which is a lot of fun.

I hate any form of motorsport. Absolutely can't stand it. It's even worse than every Rugby code combined.

I got an iPhone 3GS this morning. My mum offered to buy me one for uni next year. I would've felt guilty asking for a 4, but my parents bought my sister one for Christmas. I doubt they'd want to spend that money again so soon.

What are some good apps? I downloaded Tiger Woods when it was free, FIFA 12 was 99c, and I've got Real Football and NBA 2K11 in demo form downloading.

Thinking about getting AFL Gold.

But (free) recommendations? Things that are practical and useful?

Agree, watching motorsport is like watching paint dry, extremely boring :thumbsdown:

Just got myself an Android phone the other day which I see doing the exact same thing as an iPhone just for a much cheaper price. My brothers mate (who I bought my phone off) works at crazy Johns and said that in fact my phone is better than the iPhone 4. Anyone else here think that apple products are overpriced and overrated or are you all Apple junkies? Only thing I see worse with the Android system is that there isn't quite the same selection of apps yet but thats changing rapidly anyway as the Android market grows.

AFL: Geelong (Gold Coast member)
SS/ODC: Queensland Bulls
BBL: Brisbane Heat
ANZNL: Queensland Firebirds
NRL: Not Sure
QLD Cup: Souths Logan Magpies
A-League: Melbourne Heart/ Brisbane Roar
SRU: QLD Reds
ABL: Brisbane Bandits
NBL: Gold Coast Blaze
V8's: Orrcon Racing ( FPR )

International leagues:

NBA: Boston Celtics
NHL: Mighty Ducks ;)
NFL: NY Jets
MLB: Boston Red Sox
EPL: Chelsea
SPL: Celtic
La Liga: Barcelona
Serie A: A.C Milan
F1: Red Bull

Apple just have the class and credits in my book. It's like buying a Sony over some japanese brand just because it's more trustworthy (even if you pay more).

First time I've ever been to every day of a test this week. Got a bit sick of nandos and food2go after a while.

Speaking of sports teams I support...

Footy- Collingwood
Int Cricket- Australia
Shield- Victoria
Domestic T20- Renegades
Int Soccer- Socceroos
Euro Soccer- Newcastle United
A-League- Melb Heart
Anz Champ- Vixens
NFL- Miami Dolphins
NBA- NY Knicks
MLB- Boston Red Sox