Discussion Random Chat MegaThread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
QFT

(And that's all I wanted to say, but I had to add something so the message was long enough)

For mine it goes like this
Footy
(Small break)
NFL - Ice Hockey
Cricket
(Daylight)
Soccer - Baseball are about even
(Daylight)
Basketball

Mine goes like this:

AFL
EPL
A-league
(small gap)
Cricket
NFL
(Huge gap)
Basketball
Baseball
Hockey, etc.

Another. Blunder by the umpire in the cricket today. Plumb LBW turned down. At least we got Sharma out in the next over ;)

Make the Indians use the DRS!!!

I only support Fremantle and Arsenal. But I'm obviously a huge fan of footy. AFL is the league I'm obviously most interested in. I can watch any team play and hold some degree of interest. I was brought up a South Fremantle fan, and so when I go to the WAFL, it's always at Fremantle Oval watching Souths. I find it pretty relaxing, and Freo Oval is a lovely ground. Still wouldn't call myself a WAFL fan, however.

Soccer dominated my life for about five years. I still adore it. I can only watch the Premier League though. I've never had an interest in Spain or Italy. Whether it's the high saturation on ESPN or the play itself, I just cannot watch it. I'll watch the FA Cup though, and any game Arsenal are in.

Not into the Champions League at all. I rarely even watch the Gunners play in it. It holds little interest for me.

The A-League I support because I want to see soccer do well in this country. I've never held an affiliation with a team. I've not been to a Glory game, only one Victory match. I see my future in Melbourne, so I'd tag myself a Heart supporter. Saying that, I have soft spots for... Central Coast, Newcastle, Perth.

Can't get into basketball nor American football.

I like Ice Hockey. I had a period of watching Maple Leaf games, and my friend supported the Canucks or Canadians or something... I forget. But it became a chore so I stopped watching. I'm right into NYC, so I'd claim myself a New York Rangers man.

But Arsenal and Fremantle are the two teams listed on my facebook. That's the ultimate showcasing of my support.

1. AFL for obvious reasons.
2. NFL I have no idea how I got into it, but I love it.
3. NRL because of my dad,
4. NHL from when I went on exchange to Montreal.

That's it, I can't stand soccer and don't have an interest in basketball.

Why cant you guys like NFL instead of stupid NBA and EPL.

I have an interest. Did see Brees break Marinos record yesterday too.

They love THIER stats. ****ing love them.

Nothing beats the day though when Favres consecutive games streak ended. It was like the world had been sucked into a black hole.

But don't ask me anything to technical.

I get some-most rules and understand how it works.
Dislike alot still about the game itself. Plus. Some slowness.

It's a brutal brutal game. And all these people sooking about padding, helmets etc, need THIER heads checked. Have you actually sat and watched how brutal they go in or throw themselves at another bloke spear tackle style. If they were done in AFL, they'd end up suspended for 18 weeks.

Infact. I almost will say I enjoy the watching of college football more. it fascinates me how a town turns out 100000 strong a game to watch a bunch of an Australian equivalent of a VFL game or under 21s. Depends how you look at it.

It's crazy how they dive at guys with their heads to stop them running. and I've been to a high school, (no, not college, high school) football game in Washington last year and they had 10,000 people their!! It was insane!! Dad knew a guy who worked their and we got to stand behind the end zone and celebrate with the home team guys when they scored touchdowns!!

1. Footy (my main love in life). AFL 1st, local footy a pretty close 2nd and SANFL only moderately
2. Cricket (mainly international stuff)

Too hard to follow much else properly over here in SA without foxtel :( Other sports I enjoy watching when they're on tv (in order) are NRL, NBA and the odd bit of NFL. Can't exactly call myself a 'fan' of any of them though. Also watch a fair bit of the tennis (especially womens ;)) and the Olympics when they're on. Apart from soccer (as you all know), can't say I actually really hate any sports.

Onto the cricket, finally thought we looked to be getting back to where we once were with a 60-odd lead against one of the premier test nations. 4/27 with Ponting and Hussey at the crease leaves me pretty nervous though. So many inconsistent batsmen in our current lineup, its not good. Need to make at least 200 to get a lead of 250 if we want a chance of winning I think

I love footy, basketball and cricket and a bit of soccer but cannot stand nrl or nfl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really loving Punter's work atm. As far as I'm concerned is back into reasonable form and can once again be considered as one of Australia's better batsmen. Sick of people calling for his head atm, he needs to play on for at least the rest of the summer and as far as I'm concerned way beyond that if his form can continue. The bloke can obviously still play good cricket and has stacks of talent, leadership and is still an excellent fielder. Should play on for as long as he likes pretty much :)

Also, anyone know where to download paid Android apps for free? Quite a few that I would like but can't see mum letting me use her credit card for :(

Haha great win by the lakers today but watching their last three games they look very old and slow they need a bit of youth in their lineup:)

You were saying? ;):D

They had to win one eventually but I don't see them winning their next game against the Knicks.;)

Oh yeh, for the lolz:

tumblr_lwsfv3d1l81r8bjqfo1_250.gif

:D

My order of sports-watching preference:

Cricket
Football
Netball
Swimming
Tennis
A-League
Melbourne Storm games
Tenpin bowling
WNBL
International Soccer
Snooker/Pool
Commonwealth/Olympic Games Athletics
NBL
Other Games events.

Something like that... probably missed a few things in there. As for playing the game, my preferences are:

Tenpin bowling
Cricket
...daylight...
then just about everything else
then at the bottom, games which I am absolutely hopeless at, e.g. tennis, footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back